The 2016 Top 10 Recipes featured on Platings & Pairings – These are the most popular recipes from the last year. The ones that you loved the most!
Is anyone else amazed at how quickly 2016 came and went?! It seems like just yesterday that we were sampling all the wines in Carmel, CA, feasting on all the goodies at FEAST, moving into our new home, and basking in the sunshine on the Big Island. But I’m ready to take on 2017! I have a feeling that it’s going to be a great year. We’ll be ringing it in at the beach. I’m thinking that these Soft Pretzel Bites with Cheese Sauce are in order for all the football watching we’ll be doing, these French 75 Cocktails are definitely a necessity to celebrate in style, and for New Year’s Day, I’ll be fixing a turkey breast in the slow cooker, along with mashed potatoes, gravy and my most requested Brussels sprouts.
To finish off this week, in between all the Christmas craziness and the NYE prep, I’m taking a break from posting new recipes, and instead looking back on the most popular recipes featured on the blog in 2016. Here they are, starting with the most popular recipe of the year… those aforementioned Brussels:
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries & Balsamic Reduction – This recipe really took off at Thanksgiving this year, and then again at Christmas, and it’s over two years old! It’s a recipe that I’m requested to make over, and over, and over again for holiday dinners – Both kids and adults love it!
- Slow Cooker Bone Broth – The image that I pin for this recipe touts this Bone Broth as “Better Than Botox” – How’s that for an attention grabber? Really though, this broth is full of great nutrients and collagen which can all give our skin that much needed boost. Plus, it comes together easily with the help of your slow cooker, vegetable scraps, and leftover bones. Cheap, easy and beauty-boosting: Win-Win-Win!
- Easy Roasted Chicken – This chicken just comes out perfectly every time and it’s super, super simple. Perfectly seasoned, crispy skin and a lovely pan gravy to finish it off.
- Soft Pretzel Bites with Cheese Sauce – Who knew that it was so easy to make pretzels at home? These are salty on the inside, but perfectly soft inside, and that cheese sauce to finish it off just makes it way too easy to eat too many of these!
- Irish Stout Mason Jar Beef Pot Pies – Looking for a festive Irish-inspired dish to serve for St. Patrick’s Day this year? Why not forego the traditional Corned Beef and serve these pot pies instead? Or, serve both!
- Mongolian Beef – I’ll just call this one “Love at First Sight.” How yummy does that look?!!! ⬇ ⬇ ⬇ Check out the recipe to learn how this one got me over my FOF (Fear of Frying).
- Salted Caramel Yogurt Popsicles – I’m constantly inventing new ways to use my favorite 15-Minute Salted Caramel Sauce. That is how these popsicles came to be – A yummy, creamy treat for hot summer days.
- Salted Caramel Apple Tartlets – Just look at these ‘lil beauties. They’ve been a huge hit and have been featured on Country Living, BuzzFeed and MSN. I’m not gonna lie, they’re kind of a pain to make, but they really do impress! And, it’s yet another way that I’m putting that 15-Minute Salted Caramel Sauce to use, this time spiking it with a bit of apple brandy.
- Mashed Potatoes with Sour Cream – Just your basic mashed potatoes? Nope – These spuds are first boiled in a pot of heavily salted chicken stock and then they’re whipped together with sour cream until light and airy. A perfect side dish to my Easy Roasted Chicken or Slow Cooker Osso Buco!
- Slow Cooker Carnitas Street Tacos – Just look at those pieces of pork with their crispy edges, the pickled onion, and the avocado. These street tacos are dressed simply so that you can really enjoy the flavor of the meat which is slow cooked in citrus flavors and then finished under the broiler for that great, carnitas texture.
What would you like to see more of in 2017? More chicken recipes? More Italian food? More posts about wine? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!
Happy New Year to each and every one of you! I hope that 2017 proves to be an amazing year for you.