Who’s ready for a cocktail? (Enthusiastically raises hand) I’m ALWAYS ready!!! For your day-drinking needs, forget the traditional mimosa – This apricot ginger bellini brings a long-needed upgrade to the traditional OJ and champagne brunch beverage. Plus, it’s really simple to make – Really!
Just 4 simple ingredients are need for this cocktail, and one is champagne! The remaining three ingredients: Apricots, ginger and sugar (and water) – make up the simple syrup. S-I-M-P-L-E! Heat the water, apricots, ginger, and sugar together until boiling. Remove from heat and let steep for 15 minutes. Let cool and you’re done!
When you’re ready to serve, just pour some simple syrup into a champagne flute, and top with sparking wine. This recipe makes enough for six cocktails, so, if it’s not just you, you may want to double the recipe (wink-wink). I think this would be a fabulous cocktail to celebrate a bridal shower, ladies night, or the new episode of real housewives (a true occasion in itself).
- 1 C. sugar
- 1 C. water
- 4 apricots, pitted and chopped
- 1 2-inch piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 (750 ml) bottle sparkling wine or 1 (750 ml) bottle champagne, chilled
- In a medium saucepan, stir together water, sugar, ginger, and apricots. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and let mixture simmer until sugar is completely dissolves. Remove from heat, cover and let steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain ginger and apricots from syrup mixture and let cool completely.
- Assemble the bellinis by adding the sparkling wine to a champagne flute, filling halfway, top off with the ginger-apricot simple syrup.
- NOTE: Store any remaining simple syrup in the fridge. It will keep for about a week.
- For a virgin bellini, use ginger ale in place of the sparkling wine. Equally as delicious, but a LOT less fun!