These are my keepers – My 10 favorite recipes from 2015 that I personally make again, and again, and again. You’ll probably catch me eating one of these dishes tonight!
Last week I posted about Platings & Pairing’s Top 10 Recipes of 2015. The recipes that performed exceptionally well on the blog, some of your favorites. Nothing against those Salted Caramel Apple Tartlets, but really, those are only coming out on special occasions – Like once a year special occasions, and much as I’d like to pretend and tell you that I make them every weekend.
Today I’m talking about my personal favorites. The recipes that I make over and over again. Most of these are convenience food – Dishes that are easy to put on the table after a long day at work, yet amazingly tasty. PS – I’m noticing that as I gather these pictures, a lot of these are some of my older posts. So, while the photography may not be amazing, I promise, the recipes are!
HERE ARE MY FAVORITE RECIPES OF 2015, in no particular order:
- Pad Kee Mao – THAI FOOD!!! I can’t get enough of it! I love this dish. And not only because it’s alternative name is “Drunken Noodles.” Ground pork and wide rice noodles are tossed in a tangy sauce of lime, chiles and thai basil. I could eat this dish at least once a week! BONUS: It cooks in 20 minutes!
2. Chicken Piccata – This classic Italian dish is definitely a crowd pleaser. Chicken cutlets are pounded thin, so they cook extremely quickly. Tossed in a lemon butter sauce with briny capers and fresh parsley. It’s another quick recipe – 30 minutes max!
3. Half & Half Linguini with Fried Capers & Fresh Herbs – Don’t let the name fool you. This isn’t a heavy cream-based dish. This pasta recipe uses 1/2 real pasta and 1/2 zucchini noodles (so you can eat more!). Tossed in a light sauce of fried capers, parsley, mint, and dill, and then given a sprinkle of parmesan and red pepper flakes. Another 30 minute meal!
4. Fennel & Celery Salad – I’m in love with this salad! It’s so unique, bright, fresh, pretty… It’s a perfect salad with heavy Italian dishes, but it’s also great to bring along to parties, because the ingredients don’t wilt. Thin sliced fennel, celery, toasted pine nuts, parmesan and a light lemon dressing. Yumminess.
5. Umami Burger – When I can get the guy to grill, this is what we’re cooking. These burgers are basted with soy sauce as they grill and then they’re topped with a garlic aioli, roasted poblano peppers and pepper jack cheese – Loads of umami-ness. But, here’s the kicker. They’re served on sweet Hawaiian buns! Who’s ready for grilling-season?
6. Sunday Gravy – This tastes like home to me! My Italian Nana always had a pot of sauce ready to go (not just on Sundays). This is my version of her recipe and it’s a hit with everyone that I make it for. It’s one of my most requested recipes.
7. Sausage & Fennel Ragout – Unfortunately, this is one of the least popular recipes on my blog. I don’t know why – It tastes SO good. Spicy Italian sausage is simmered in a sauce with white wine and fennel and served on a bed of creamy polenta. It’s amazing paired with a Brut Rosé!
8. PF Chang’s (Copycat) Lettuce Wraps – Not only do these taste just like the restaurant version, they’re quick and easy to make, and healthy! Plus, learn my tip on making perfect lettuce cups.
9. Butter Roasted Tomato Sauce – I discovered this recipe in Bon Appétit and I’ve been obsessed with it ever since. I love the fact that you just throw the ingredients into a baking dish and let it roast for a bit, leaving you plenty of time to get other things done (or just drink wine). It’s a simple no-fuss recipe.
10. Thai Beef Salad – This dish was always one of my favorites to order in Thai restaurants. Then I learned how simple it is to make at home! Another under 30 minutes meal. Plus… That TOASTED RICE POWDER. My magical crispy topping.
Did you have a favorite recipe that you made from Platings & Pairings this year? I’d love to hear about it! I’d also love to hear your suggestions as to what you’d like to see more of in 2016? Do you want to see more Thai food, more wine posts, more sweets? Pretty please, let me know by commenting below. I love your feedback!