Instant Pot Pasta with Lamb & Mint will be on your dinner table with minimal effort. This delicious dinner is quickly & easily prepared with the help of your electric pressure cooker.
I’m back with another Instant Pot recipe for you guys! This dish is impressive enough to set the scene for a beautiful dinner party at home, but it’s easy enough to make for a casual weekday dinner at home.
I think it’s the perfect dish for fall because it’s comfort food at it’s finest. This Instant Pot pasta recipe features rich American lamb, nutty parmesan cheese, and green beans. It’s creamy and hearty, but it’s brightened up with a bit of fresh lemon and mint. I think you’ll love this dish!
I’m a huge fan of lamb and I love to swap it into recipes where ground beef is called for. I feel like its flavor brings dishes to the next level. Ground lamb is a great way to upgrade tacos, burgers, sauces and meatballs and it’s super fun to experiment with.
Here’s some fun facts on lamb:
- More than 50% of the lamb in the US marketplace comes from Australia and New Zealand.
- By choosing American Lamb, you’re supporting local ranchers throughout the US.
- No growth hormones are used in lamb production in the United States.
- Sheep improve pasture quality by recycling vital nutrients back into the soil, minimizing erosion and encouraging plant growth.
- The majority of sheep in the states graze pastures for most of their lives.
For this recipe, I used Simple Truth Natural Ground Lamb made from American Lamb. It’s a choice that I feel good about, especially knowing that it was raised right here in the US, and not shipped overseas. The flavor is so perfect for upgrading this Instant Pot pasta.
How Do You Make Pasta in the Instant Pot?
- It’s super easy to make pasta in your pressure cooker! All you need to do is make sure you have enough liquid to cover the pasta, not much more than that. Then, just set your Instant Pot to cook the pasta on high pressure for half the amount of time that the pasta cooking package directions call for. So, for this recipe, I used mini penne. The package called for 7 minutes to make al dente pasta. In the Instant Pot, I cooked the pasta for four minutes.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, don’t fear! You can make this dish on the stove top too. Just make this recipe in a large skillet, and cook the pasta for the time called for on the pasta package directions. Once finished, add in the green beans and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
I served this Instant Pot Pasta with Lamb & Mint as part of a dinner party that we hosted. Alongside, I served some grilled broccolini and roasted squash. And to go with dinner, we of course had to open some wine!
I paired this dish with a bottle of Pinot Noir. Its bright acidity and earthy notes paired really well with the richness of the lamb and the bright flavors of the mint and lemon. If you’d like to offer a white wine option as well, a Sauvignon Blanc would make a great pairing.
Are you a lamb fan? What are your favorite ways to prepare it? I’d love to hear in the comments below!
- Lamb Stir Fry with Green Beans
- Slow Cooker Lamb Curry
- Grilled Lamb Kebabs with Basil Tahini Sauce
- Broiled Lamb Chops with Mint Mustard Sauce
- Sheet Pan Lamb Dinner
- Instant Pot Pasta with Lamb & Mint
- Grilled Rack of Lamb with Pistachio Basil Pesto
- Grilled Lamb Chops with Spicy Peanut Sauce
Wine Pairings for Lamb & Mint Pasta:
- Pinot Noir. Its bright acidity and earthy notes pair well with the richness of the lamb and the bright flavors of the mint and lemon.
- Merlot would also be a great match for this delicious dish.
- Sauvignon Blanc is a great white wine pairing option for this lamb pasta.
If you loved this Instant Pot Pasta with Lamb & Mint I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Instant Pot Pasta Recipe
Instant Pot Pasta with Lamb & Mint
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound American Ground Lamb
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 green onions (sliced (whites and greens separated))
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces pasta (½ package (I used mini penne) uncooked)
- 12 ounces frozen green beans (or ¾ lb)
- 1 lemon (zested and juiced)
- ¼ cup fresh mint (chopped)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Set Instant Pot to SAUTE, add olive oil. Once hot, add the ground lamb and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 4-6 minutes, breaking apart with a spoon, until browned.
- Add garlic and white parts of onions and sauté for 2-4 minutes, until fragrant.
- Pour in the broth and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the Instant Pot. Add the pasta.
- Cover and seal the lid - turn the vent to sealing. Hit CANCEL then press the MANUAL (high pressure) button and set the timer to 4 minutes (or ½ the time of the pasta package directions). It will take about 15 minutes for Instant Pot to come to full pressure, then the display will show a countdown timer.
- Once the 4 minutes are up, hit CANCEL and do a quick pressure release to release the pressure.
- Open the lid, stir in the lemon juice and zest, frozen green beans, remaining green onions, mint, parmesan and butter. Let sit with the lid on for 5 minutes. Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
I teamed up with American Lamb to bring you this post. As always, all opinions are my own.