This Mason Jar Jam Cocktail (or Jamtini) is easy to make at home and totally customizable. All you need is your favorite juice, jam, vodka, gin, rum or bourbon and club soda. My version is made with lemonade and strawberry jam.
This week was fridge clean out week in our house – Which means, being creative, and making due with what’s lurking around in our full-to-the-brim fridge. And, in all honesty, I had a pretty successful week.
- Bacon & Shallot Fried Rice was born from 6 strips of bacon, a half used bag of frozen peas, rice, shallots + eggs.
- Jerk Pork Tenderloin Salad was created with half a pork tenderloin and a bagged sweet potato & kale salad.
- The bottom of a jar of strawberry jam, lemonade, and some vodka from the freezer = This amazing Jam Cocktail!
Then I found a jar of fig jam, and a jar of mango jam (both from my favorite, Just Jan’s), and I got to thinking… There’s endless possibilities here. I could create about 15 different cocktails tonight…. But that would be dangerous. And it’s Tuesday.
So… I just created those cocktails in my head. Here’s a few that I came up with:
- Fig jam, apple juice and bourbon.
- Mango jam, orange juice and rum.
- Raspberry jam, pineapple juice, and vodka.
What’s your jam? How would you customize your jamtini?
Mason Jar Jam Cocktail
- 1 ounce of your favorite juice (lemonade orange, pineapple, apple, cranberry)
- 2 ounces vodka gin, rum or bourbon
- 1 heaping spoonful of your favorite jam
- Club soda
To a mason jar add the juice, vodka and a heaping spoonful of jam.
Screw on the lid, and shake well. Add ice and shake again to combine.
Top off with club soda and enjoy.