Quinoa Burrito Bowls with quick-guacamole make a quick & healthy vegetarian meal that’s ready in under 30 minutes. Perfect for busy weeknights or meal prep!
These Quinoa Taco Bowls with guacamole are on regular rotation at our house for Meatless Mondays.
Not only are they easy to make in under 30 minutes, but they’re also packed with nutrients and totally customizable.
But, no matter what you top your bowl with, you can feel good that the base is quinoa which is packed with protein, full of fiber and a good source of amino acids. In my case – I totally justify the quinoa as balancing out the massive dollop of guacamole that I pile on.
- Quinoa – I’ve been making Instant Pot quinoa most often. It comes out perfectly fluffy, and there’s no babysitting it.
- Canned Black Beans & Pinto Beans – Or, you can make these easy no soak instant pot black beans and instant pot pinto beans.
- Olive Oil
- Taco Seasoning – You can make homemade taco seasoning using just a handful of ingredients, or purchased packaged taco seasoning.
- For the Guacamole – Avocado, lime, garlic salt, cumin.
How to make them
Instead of making quinoa on the stove, I find myself making Instant Pot quinoa most often. It comes out perfectly fluffy, and there’s no babysitting it. However, you can also make it the standard way. Just boil it in salted water for 15-20 minutes while you prepare the rest of your ingredients.
To make these quinoa taco bowls extra simple (and quick) I’m using canned beans and seasoning them with just a bit of taco seasoning. This means that there’s no need to measure out ingredients and worry about buying a bunch of different spices. It’s an easy way to add in a bunch of flavor with minimal effort and ingredients.
And, that’s all there is to it!
Just pile on your favorite toppings and enjoy these healthy quinoa taco bowls. They’re perfect for Meatless Monday and Taco Tuesday – And I definitely wouldn’t blame you if you wanted to eat them two days in a row…
How do you make quick guacamole?
The quick-guacamole is totally simple to make. I don’t even really measure anything. I just taste a little bit, add some more seasonings, and adjust. The base recipe is: 1 avocado, the juice of half a lime and a sprinkling of garlic powder and cumin, balanced out with some salt and pepper. You could use fresh garlic, but I find that for guacamole, the powdered kind works just as well and doesn’t leave you with as severe a case of dragon’s breath.
- Scoop out the pulp of one avocado.
- Add the juice of half a lime.
- Sprinkle in some garlic salt and cumin.
- Mash with a fork.
This guacamole is dangerously quick. I find myself making it more often than I’d like to admit… It’s perfect for when you have an avocado that’s on the verge of being too ripe. I like to use it as a dip for veggies in place of blue cheese or ranch since it’s filled with healthy fats and vitamins.
These quinoa burrito bowls are perfect for meal prep. I like to portion the beans and quinoa into food storage containers. Then, when I’m ready to eat, I just pop one into the microwave and pile on those toppings again.
- Chipotle Salsa
- Cilantro Lime Crema
- Pico de Gallo
- Pineapple Salsa
- Grilled Peppers
- Sour Cream
- Hot Sauce
- Tortilla Chips
- Pickled Jalapenos
- Pickled Cabbage
- Pickled Onions
- Instant Pot Black Beans
- Instant Pot Pinto Beans
- Tortilla Strips
- Salsa Taquera
- Grilled Chicken
- Carne Asada
- Slow Cooker Carnitas or Instant Pot Carnitas
- Look for lighter-bodied, fruit-focused reds like Beaujolais or Grenache.
- Alternatively, a Malbec or Tempranillo will be a bit heavier, but compliment the smoky-spicy flavors in this dish.
More healthy bowl recipes
- Poke Bowls
- Shrimp Sushi Bowls
- Chicken Gyro Bowls with Quinoa
- Sweet Potato & Chickpea Buddha Bowl
- More → 35+ BEST quinoa recipes
More taco recipes
- Korean (Bulgogi) Beef Tacos
- Taco Quinoa & Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- Instant Pot Cuban Mojo Pork
- Cauliflower Tacos with Lime Crema
- Salmon Tacos with Blackberry Corn Relish
Did you try these quinoa burrito bowls?
If you loved this burrito bowl with quinoa I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Quinoa Burrito Bowls Recipe
- Rinse quinoa well in fine mesh colander until water runs clear. Bring 2 cups of water to a rolling boil. Add quinoa and let simmer in salted water for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add beans and season with taco seasoning. Heat 5-10 minutes, until warmed through.
- Place quinoa in bowl and top with beans. Assemble bowls as you like with desired toppings.
- Mash avocado and lime juice with a fork. Season with a pinch of garlic salt and cumin. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
This recipe was originally published in July 2018. It was updated in May 2021 to add new photographs, and again in 2023 to add new content. The original quinoa bowl recipe remains the same. Enjoy!