These Yogurt & Granola Breakfast Protein Popsicles prove that you can have dessert for breakfast! Made with raspberries, dairy-free yogurt, and hearty granola – It’s a healthy vegan treat that will keep you energized throughout the morning.
Mornings are tough for me (aka they’re not fun). Wake up at 6:15, shower, makeup, the ever-trying task of picking out an outfit (why do I constantly have nothing to wear), out the door by 7:30, a battle with Portland south-bound traffic, and (fingers-crossed) making it to work by 8am. There’s no lingering over the morning paper, brewing a cup of coffee, and soaking in the morning sun. Perhaps when I retire in 30-gazilion years, but for now… Mornings are a complete and total bummer.
Let’s try to make mornings more fun, shall we?
How about popsicles for breakfast?
These Yogurt & Granola Breakfast Protein Popsicles will let you start of the day the right way – With dessert. Dessert in the form of a fruit and protein packed grab-and-go breakfast that will keep you energized all morning long! What’s more? They’re vegan and dairy-free.
To give these popsicles a protein boost, I snuck in a bit of protein powder that I’ve been using it in my breakfast smoothie bowls to give them an extra boost. It’s a plant based powder that’s organic, gluten-free, vegan and gives me an extra 15g of protein – It definitely helps to keep the energy level up during crazy days. They’re pretty much like a yogurt parfait on a stick – Fruit, yogurt and granola – But somehow SO much more fun. Maybe it’s because of the stares you get from other drivers while you’re enjoying a popsicle on your way to work. And if you have kids – I’d say it’d be pretty easy to convince them to have a popsicle for breakfast too!
Do you have a favorite grab-and-go breakfast? I’d love to hear in the comments below!
Yogurt & Granola Breakfast Protein Popsicles
- 2 cups vanilla dairy-free yogurt divided
- 1 Tbsp . agave syrup
- 1/2 cup granola
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries divided (or your favorite fruit)
- 1 scoop Kashi® Organic Breakfast Superblends Rise & Shine Vanilla
- In a blender, combine 1 cup yogurt, agave, 1 cup raspberries and protein powder. Process until smooth.
- Layer the raspberry-yogurt with the remaining 1 cup vanilla yogurt and place a few berries into each popsicle mold. Top each with a portion of granola.
- Place a wooden ice cream stick into each popsicle mold and freeze until solid, at least 4 hours.
- To remove the popsicles, run the mold under a little hot water until they come loose. Popsicles will keep in the freezer for several weeks.
For the popsicle mold that I used, click here.