Making Dried Orange Slices is easy and you don’t need any special equipment. Just slice, bake low and slow, then enjoy! Place a slice on top of a fruity cocktail, tie them to Christmas presents, string them together for garland, or crumble them up for a sweet granola topping.
How To Make Dried Orange Slices:
Thinly slice the oranges about ¼ inch thick. Lay them in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake the orange slices in a 200ºF oven for 2 - 4 hours. Flip the slices every 30 mins to prevent burning.
Foodie Ways to Use Dried Oranges:
– As a garnish on a glass of mulled wine
– Spruce up your glass of sparkling water
– Place them on tequila-based cocktails
– Use them as a garnish in a bowl of Christmas punch
– Dip them in melted chocolate
– They’re a simple garnish for an Aperol Sour
– Top them on a cake for decoration
– Crumble up and add to a batch of homemade granola
How long do they last?
Dried orange slices will last for about 1 to 2 years. Just keep them in an airtight jar or storage bag in a cool, dry, and dark place.
Mold shouldn’t form on the slices if they’re perfectly dried out and crisp.