Lemon Pasta is deliciously tangy and creamy, plus it comes together in under 15 minutes! It’s a quick and easy dinner that’s sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Want a recipe for the perfect dish to serve at your next dinner party?
This Lemon Pasta is just what you’re looking for!
- It’s an easy recipe that only takes 15 minutes!
- It’s a crowd pleaser and vegetarian-friendly.
- It’s super affordable – you can make this lemon pasta for less than $15.
And because this recipe is so easy and so affordable, that leaves plenty of room in the budget for wine and plenty of time for enjoying your guests and drinking said wine.
My favorite wine for pairing with this Lemon Pasta is Chardonnay – It’s creamy, with notes of citrus, just like this pasta!
In particular, I’ve fallen in love with J. Lohr Estates Riverstone Chardonnay. This particular Chardonnay isn’t overly oaked, but it’s still buttery with the most amazing aromas of citrus, baking spices and honey. It was absolutely delicious paired with the Lemon Pasta.
Here’s a few tips for making this Lemon Pasta extra delicious:
- Generously salt your pasta cooking water. This ensures that your pasta is flavored right from the beginning. Use one tablespoon of salt for every six cups of water. We’re also going to be using that pasta cooking water to flavor our sauce.
- Cook your pasta just short of al dente. I like to cook my pasta for about a minute less than the package directions call for. This is because the pasta will continue to cook as it’s tossed with the lemon cream sauce, and we don’t want it becoming mushy. I cooked my spaghetti for 8 minutes.
- Save your pasta cooking liquid. That starchy water is perfect for loosening up the lemon cream sauce as it’s tossed with the pasta.
- Don’t skimp on the basil. I used a hefty 1/2 cup of basil in this recipe. It adds a delicious flavor. I really pack the basil down into the measuring cup to be sure that I’m using enough.
What should you serve with Lemon Pasta?
- I love to serve this Roasted Broccoli alongside my Lemon Pasta. The ingredients in both dishes are very similar, so they pair really well together and you don’t have to purchase a lot of extra ingredients.
- Another great option is a Caesar Salad. I love this Chicken Kale Caesar Salad or this Vegan Caesar Salad.
- Have some tomatoes on hand? This Cherry Tomato Salad with Roasted Lemons is another great side dish with delicious lemon flavor.
I hope that you love this Lemon Pasta as much as I do. And as perfect as it is for a dinner party, it’s also equally amazing to enjoy it while you’re in PJ’s enjoying an episode of the Real Housewives and a chilled glass of J. Lohr Estates Riverstone Chardonnay… You may even have the ingredients on hand already to make it. No need for a special occasion – any day of the week is perfect for Lemon Pasta.
Lemon Pasta is deliciously tangy and creamy, plus it comes together in under 15 minutes!
- 1 pound spaghetti or other pasta of your choosing
- 3 lemons zested and juiced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese plus additional for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
Cook the pasta in a large pot of generously salted boiling water (1 tablespoon of salt for every 6 cups of water) until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally.
- Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water. Return drained spaghetti to the pot.
Meanwhile, whisk the lemon juice, oil, heavy cream, Parmesan, and red pepper flakes in a bowl to combine. Add ¼ cup of the pasta cooking water and whisk to combine.
- Add lemon sauce to spaghetti in pot; toss until pasta is evenly coated with sauce. Add remaining cooking liquid, if necessary. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Garnish with lemon zest, chopped basil and parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
I like to cook my pasta about a minute less than the package directions call for. This ensures that your pasta remains al dente as it's tossed with with the lemon cream sauce and heated through.
If you loved this Lemon Pasta recipe I would appreciate it so much if you would give it a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish are share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings.
Wine Pairing with Lemon Pasta:
- Chardonnay is a perfect match with the creamy, tangy sauce and the nutty parmesan cheese in this recipe.
I teamed up with J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines to bring you this post. As always, all opinions are my own.
Looking for more easy pasta recipes? Be sure to try these too: