Instant Pot Pork Chops cook up deliciously tender and juicy in your electric pressure cooker, and they’re finished off with an irresistible gravy. Serve them with a side of mashed potatoes or rice and dig in!
Easy to prepare, comfort food dishes are basically on repeat at our house right now. And being at home more, means I have more time for testing out new recipes to share with you.
I’m happy to say that I’ve finally perfected my recipe for these tender pork chops made in the Instant Pot.
My game plan for making them extra yummy & flavorful? Season well from the get go. I like to rub them with brown sugar, paprika, onion powder and salt and pepper. Then I brown them on both sides using the SAUTE setting.
The brown sugar caramelizes a bit as they cook and the paprika gives the pork chops that amazing color.
This recipe is super flexible too. It can be made with boneless pork chops or bone in pork chops. You can even cook them from frozen, without thawing. Just be sure to use pork chops that are about 3/4 – 1″ thick. If using thinner pork chops, you should reduce the cook time.
- Pork Chops (boneless or bone in)
- Brown Sugar
- Onion Powder
- Chicken Broth
- Salt & Pepper
How to Make Them
- Season the chops. Rub with a mixture of brown sugar, paprika, onion powder and salt & pepper.
Brown the chops.
- Turn Instant Pot to SAUTE and add butter.
- Once melted, sear the pork chops, about 2-3 minutes on each side. If working with a smaller Instant Pot, you may need to work in batches so you don’t overcrowd the pot.
- Remove pork chops and set aside on a plate.
- Deglaze the pot. Add chicken stock and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot. This is important so that you don’t get a burn notice when cooking in the Instant Pot.
- Cook. Return pork chops to pot. Place lid on pot and set vent to seal. Cook on MANUAL high pressure for 8 minutes. When done, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure and remove the lid. Remove pork chops to a plate.
- Make the Gravy. Whisk together cornstarch and water. Add the cornstarch slurry to the juices in the pot and using the SAUTE mode, cook, whisking constantly, until the gravy thickens.
How Long to Cook Pork Chops in the Instant Pot
- Boneless Pork Chops – 8 Minutes
- Bone-In Pork Chops – 10 Minutes
- Frozen Pork Chops – 13 Minutes (skip saute step)
Note: The cook time does not include the time it will take for the pressure to build and release in the Instant Pot. It will take about 10 minutes for the pressure to build, and then you will want the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes before releasing any remaining pressure. That will add 20 minutes to the total time.
You can definitely cook frozen pork chops in the Instant Pot! You will want to skip the saute step, and add about 5 minutes to the pressure cooking time. Also note, that it will take longer for the pressure to build in the Instant Pot, about 15 minutes vs. 10 minutes.
Pork chops can become tough in the Instant Pot if you don’t allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes before releasing the remaining pressure. So, be sure to keep an eye on that.
What to Serve with Them
- Mashed Potatoes with Sour Cream
- Cheddar Spoon Bread
- Din Tai Fung Green Beans
- Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes
- Vinegar Coleslaw
- Mashed Cauliflower
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Reduction
- More → 45+ Side Dishes for Pork Chops
More Pork Recipes
- Sous Vide Pork Chops
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops
- Shake and Bake Pork Chops
- Pork Chops with Cherry Sauce
- Pork Piccata
- Prosciutto Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
- Instant Pot Mojo Pork
- Instant Pot Pork Carnitas
- More → 35+ Easy Boneless Pork Chop Recipes
- Pork pairs awesomely with Pinot Noir. It’s a light bodied red that doesn’t overpower the flavors and the bright acidity is a nice match for the slight fattiness in the pork.
- Rose is another great match for these pork chops. It’s bright acidity pairs so well with the brown sugar rub on these pork chops.
- More → The best wine pairings for pork chops.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot French Onion Soup
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot Minestrone Soup
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes with Sour Cream
- Instant Pot Lasagna Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Fried Rice
- Instant Pot Salmon with Lemon-Dill Sauce
Did you try these instant pot pork chops and gravy?
If you loved these instapot pork chops I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
If you loved this easy recipe, be sure to try out my Slow Cooker Pork Chops too!
Instant Pot Pork Chops
- Mix spices and brown sugar and rub into both sides of pork chops.
- Set Instant Pot to SAUTE and add butter. Once hot, add pork and brown on both sides, 2-3 minutes per side. Remove pork chops and set aside. Press CANCEL.
- Add chicken broth and scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Return pork chops to the pot.
- Place lid on pot and set vent to seal. Cook on MANUAL high pressure for 8 minutes. When done, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure and remove the lid. Hit CANCEL.
- Remove the pork chops to a plate.
- In a small bowl whisk together the cornstarch and water. Turn the instant pot on to SAUTE and add the cornstarch mixture. Whisk constantly until gravy has thickened. Season gravy with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve pork chops with gravy on the side. Enjoy!
Check out the web story here.