I’m Erin – a self-taught cook with a thing for wine. I occasionally like to delve into the more complicated recipes, like homemade gnocchi, stuffed pork tenderloin, and cornish game hens. But for the most part, I like to keep my recipes quick and easy. That means that most of the recipes you’ll find on my site will be on your dinner table in under 30 minutes.
I do get to share dinners most nights with my husband Rick who is such a good sport and happy to try anything that I feel like whipping up. Although, I have to say that documenting everything I cook tends to put the food on the table at a lukewarm temperature at best. You really get used to eating cold food as a food blogger.
When It All Began
Founded in October, 2014, Platings and Pairings grew out of my love for all things yummy – especially food and wine. I love to cook and I love to go wine tasting. This blog merges both of those favorites into one. Living in the Willamette Valley of Oregon, I’ve got access to amazing wines and I love to showcase those on my blog. However, I also love wines from all over the world and from all price points. Food favorites are all over the charts as well – From my Nana’s homemade Sunday Gravy to Korean Kimchi Tacos, I’ll feature foods that run the gamut, as long as the recipes are tried and tested by me and proven to be delicious! – Erin.
Our airbnb Properties
We also own a couple airbnb properties in two of our favorite places and would love to host you! Of course the kitchens are fully stocked!!!
- The Getaway – Newberg in the heart of Willamette Valley Wine Country is minutes from hundreds of wineries and within walking distance to downtown restaurants and shops.
- 16 Topflite in Sun River, Oregon, is your place to relax with skiing, biking, kayaking, horseback riding.
Platings & Pairings Featured Work
- Forbes – The 43 Cheapest Places To Travel In 2020 (Eugene, OR)
- The Kitchn – This Creamy Mushroom Soup Is Deeply Satisfying (Hungarian Mushroom Soup)
- The Kitchn – This Creamy Italian Quinoa Soup Will Surprise You (Quinoa Soup)
- BuzzFeed Food – 23 Frozen Yogurt Recipes That Will Make You Break Up With Ice Cream (Salted Caramel Yogurt Popsicles)
- BuzzFeed Food – 29 Soups So Good They’ll Make You Want to Stay in and Cook (Lasagna Soup)
- BuzzFeed Food – 23 Incredible Salads You’ll Actually Want to Eat (Daikon Radish Salad)
- Feed Feed – Spring and Summer Cocktails (Grilled Pineapple Jalapeno Margarita)
- Brit + Co – 15 Winning Wedding Pies (Salted Caramel Apple Tartlets)
- BuzzFeed Food – 39 Things Everyone Who Loves Mustard Needs to Eat (Lamb Chops with Mint Mustard Sauce)
- BuzzFeed Food – 19 Burgers You Really Need to Make this Summer (Umami Burger)
- Everyday Health – 4 Junk Food Makeovers to Satisfy Every Craving (Cheesy Kale Chips)
- Cut Out + Keep – Featured as a Cooking Superstar
- BuzzFeed Food – 19 Slaw Recipes to Make Before Summer is Over (Hawaiian Slaw)
Please contact me if you’d like to learn more about sponsored posts or additional opportunities. Current media kit available upon request. My portfolio is available here. I look forward to working with you!
34 thoughts on “About Me”
I’m excited to try the bone broth recipe, using 3.5 pounds of bones. What crock pot size (as in quart capacity) do you use for this? My current crock pot holds only 4 quarts.
Hi Carol – I use an 8-quart crock pot for my bone broth.
I grew up in Sinclairville NY and now live in Tampa Florida. The cherry lounge did indeed have great wings!!! I’m hoping you’ve solved my wing cravings because no one around here knows how to make good wings!
I hope I did too!!!
I grew up in Jamestown! We loved the Cherry Lounge.
So cool to hear that!!!
Thanks for the great ideas, I’m making the enchilada meatballs tonight! wish me luck…
Good luck Chris – I hope you enjoy!
Erin you are as sexy as your food is ! 😏
My partner make your bone broth almost every week. You are fabulous. We also have done the chicken broth.
Your website is my favorite. I do not get to cook all the time, but I sure do enjoy your receipes.
Ty and Abram
I forgot to put the vinegar in my bone broth. It has been cooking for about 20 hrs is it too late to add it now?
I feel great using your suggestion to keep vegetable/herb trimmings and bones in the freezer! I have a chicken bones sack and beef/pork bones sack and add veggie trimmings to both. I also toss in the better-use-before-it-goes-dodgy purchased herbs — they are so spendy that using them this way after the special recipe really stretches the food dollar as well as making the bone broth tasty. I also use a serrano or jalapeno pepper most times, too. Just for some Zing
Love that you chose to spice it up a bit Vickee!
Haha, just read your pork taco/ pickled onion recipe. Followed immediately. Gonna go make it now. Be back to check out your other recipes after lunch. But what a perfect recipe! Thanks.
Of course – I hope you liked it Shale!
Would it be ok to sub in some chicken broth/stock in place of the beer or water for the Instant Pot chicken and gravy recipe?
Hi Farah – Definitely!
Hello Erin. I read you are from the Buffalo area. I am from South Buffalo and also grew up on Sunday Gravy.
Found a fellow Jamestowner when looking for how long to air fry wings.
Erin, thank you very much! I really liked the recipe, I took it to my recipe book)
I love the dishes and will surely try these at home. Please keep sharing your recipes. Thank you.
Thank you Arlyn!
Thanks for all your recipes very very good!!!
Such a beautiful table presentation but was your iron broken?
You have many recipes that I take for myself, especially often I make desserts according to your recipes, thanks)
Thanks for the wonderful recipes, I always go to your site and find something interesting to please my loved ones. I love to look at their enthusiastic faces!
Your recipes always inspire me, I like to cook for my family. With your recipes it is very easy to do!
loved seeing you are from seattle area, we are in woodinville!! your arugula salad hit the spot, with the red wine vinigarette!! lets cook sometime! Cheers!
Is anyone else having trouble posting? When I try to post a comment I get a message saying that I have already posted same…but I didn’t.
I also live in the Willamette Valley. I’d love to hear your recommendations for your favorite local wines & wineries.
Hi Lara – You can find all my Oregon wine recommendations here.
Thanks for the great pumpkin,
sage, and sausage recipe. Love
Karen L O’Connor
You’re welcome Karen! I’m glad you enjoyed it!