I’m Erin – a self-taught weeknight cook. I’m a 30-something who started cooking more seriously in my 20’s. I occasionally like to delve into the more complicated recipes, like homemade pasta, Cioppino, and boeuf bourguignon. But for the most part, I work full-time, come home, pour a glass of vino and start cooking away with my cooking buddy, our labradoodle “Sammie”. She rarely gets to sample the dinners but is happy to keep me company just the same.
I do get to share dinners most nights with my husband Rick who is such a good sport and happy to try anything that I feel like whipping up. Although, I have to say that documenting everything I cook tends to put the food on the table at a lukewarm temperature at best. You really get used to eating cold food as a food blogger.
When It All Began
Founded in October, 2014, Platings and Pairings grew out of my love for all things yummy – especially food and wine. I love to cook and I love to go wine tasting. This blog merges both of those favorites into one. Living in the Willamette Valley of Oregon, I’ve got access to amazing wines and I love to showcase those on my blog. However, I also love wines from all over the world and from all price points. Food favorites are all over the charts as well – From my Nana’s homemade Sunday Gravy to Korean Kimchi Tacos, I’ll feature foods that run the gamut, as long as the recipes are tried and tested by me and proven to be delicious! – Erin.
Platings & Pairings Featured Work
- The Kitchn – This Creamy Italian Quinoa Soup Will Surprise You (Quinoa Soup)
- BuzzFeed Food – 23 Frozen Yogurt Recipes That Will Make You Break Up With Ice Cream (Salted Caramel Yogurt Popsicles)
- MSN.com – Spicy Wing Recipes to Heat Up Your Summer Weeknights (Vietnamese Chicken Wings)
- MSN.com – 21 Grilled Chicken Recipes in Flavors You Didn’t Even Know You Want (Curry Chicken Skewers with Lime)
- BuzzFeed Food – 29 Soups So Good They’ll Make You Want to Stay in and Cook (Lasagna Soup)
- Feed Feed – Superbowl Snacks (Stuffed Artichoke Hearts & Buffalo Chicken Chili)
- BuzzFeed Food – 23 Incredible Salads You’ll Actually Want to Eat (Daikon Radish Salad)
- Feed Feed – Spring and Summer Cocktails (Grilled Pineapple Jalapeno Margarita)
- Brit + Co – 15 Winning Wedding Pies (Salted Caramel Apple Tartlets)
- BuzzFeed Food – 39 Things Everyone Who Loves Mustard Needs to Eat (Lamb Chops with Mint Mustard Sauce)
- BuzzFeed Food – 19 Burgers You Really Need to Make this Summer (Umami Burger)
- Everyday Health – 4 Junk Food Makeovers to Satisfy Every Craving (Cheesy Kale Chips)
- Cut Out + Keep – Featured as a Cooking Superstar
- BuzzFeed Food – 19 Slaw Recipes to Make Before Summer is Over (Hawaiian Slaw)
Please contact me if you’d like to learn more about sponsored posts or additional opportunities. Current media kit available upon request. My portfolio is available here. I look forward to working with you!