These Salted Caramel Yogurt Popsicles are a creamy treat for warm summer days!
Salted Caramel Popsicles
These Salted Caramel Yogurt Popsicles were created out of pure necessity this week. Lucky me – I went to the dentist for gum grafting surgery and I cannot eat solid food for one month! Yep ONE MONTH – And no chewing with the left side of my mouth for two months. This blog may just be renamed Spoons & Smoothies. Although I can still drink wine, so we’re good there! Priorities…
In my hunt for things to eat besides soup and jello, I came up with the idea to make yogurt popsicles. I’ve seen a lot of recipes like this popping up on the internet but had yet to give them a try. Plus, I had some of my delicious salted caramel sauce (the boyfriend’s favorite) sitting in the fridge. So, I ordered this popsicle mold, waited for my 2-day shipping, and Salted Caramel Yogurt Popsicles were born. Num Num…
Although I love yogurt, dairy doesn’t always love me. So, when I saw that Walmart had Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt, I opted for that over the traditional greek yogurt variety. Plus, Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt provides 6 grams of soy protein per serving, calcium and vitamin D. I also picked up some Silk Vanilla Cashew Milk to make the popsicles extra creamy and to provide a bit of extra vanilla flavor.
I may just be eating these every day for the next few weeks. And, it can be pretty much guaranteed that in 3 weeks and 1 day, I will be eating a steak and gnawing on some good bread (with the right side of my mouth, of course).
Have any of you ever been on a soft food diet? Any tips for some good things to eat? I’d love to hear suggestions!
Salted Caramel Recipes:
- Butterscotch Bourbon Budino with Salted Caramel
- Salted Caramel Banana Bread with Yogurt
- Salted Caramel Almond Thumbprint Butter Cookies
- Pumpkin Pie with Salted Caramel Sauce
If you loved this Salted Caramel Yogurt Popsicle recipe I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Yogurt Popsicle Recipe
Salted Caramel Yogurt Popsicles
- 2 1/2 Cups Silk Vanilla Yogurt
- 1/3 Cup Silk Vanilla Cashew Milk
- 1/2 Cup 15-Minute Salted Caramel Sauce
- Heat half of the salted caramel in the microwave for 20 seconds, until runny.
- Place the yogurt and milk in a small bowl and combine with the heated caramel sauce. Stir to combine thoroughly.
- Slightly heat the remaining caramel, just slightly, so that is pourable, but not runny. (About 5-10 seconds). Glob this caramel into the yogurt mixture and, using a knife, make large swirls so that there are large ribbons of caramel running through the mixture.
- Fill the popsicle molds with this mixture and freeze until firm.
- To release the popsicles from the mold, run them under lukewarm water for about 30 seconds.