This 15-Minute Easy Salted Caramel Sauce makes it easy to create the most amazingly delicious, rich salted caramel topping in a hurry!
This Easy Salted Caramel Sauce is by far one of the most requested recipes from my husband. I think that he could just stand in front of the fridge and eat it by the spoonful. Actually… I think he has.
The good thing for me (and you) is that it’s amazingly simple to make. There’s no thermometers needed, no fancy ingredients. Plus, it only takes 15 minutes to make. It’ll take that long for the ice cream to soften up from the freezer.
How Do You Make Salted Caramel Sauce?
- What you’ll need to do is heat a small saucepan over medium heat, add in the sugar and stir until it’s liquefied and amber in color. To that, you’ll add in some butter. Be careful, because it will bubble up. Just keep on stirring and things will settle down a bit. Then, add in the heavy cream, let it heat through for just a minute longer, and finish it off with a sprinkling of sea salt and a splash of vanilla.
That’s it – Super simple! Drizzle that warm sauce over a bowl of ice cream, and you’re guaranteed to enter heaven for at least a brief moment.
But, there are more uses for this Salted Caramel than just an ice cream topping. Many, many more uses. I’ve been striving over the past few years to somehow work this Salted Caramel Sauce into as many recipes as humanly possible.
Here’s a Few Other Uses for this Easy Salted Caramel Sauce:
- Salted Caramel Apple Tartlets
- Pumpkin Pie with Salted Caramel Sauce
- Salted Caramel Yogurt Popsicles
- Salted Caramel Almond Thumbprint Butter Cookies
- Salted Caramel Banana Bread
How Long Does Salted Caramel Sauce Last?
- This Easy Salted Caramel Sauce keeps in the fridge for up to two weeks – if you can keep it around that long
How would you enjoy this Easy Salted Caramel Sauce? Simply over a bowl of ice cream, or used in one of the recipes above? Let me know in the comments below!
If you loved this Easy Salted Caramel Sauce recipe I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
15 Minute Salted Caramel Sauce
This 15 Minute Easy Salted Caramel Sauce makes it easy to create the most amazingly delicious, rich salted caramel topping in a hurry!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 Tablespoons butter cut up into 6 pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat the sugar in a sauce pan over medium heat and stir with rubber spatula until sugar is liquefied and amber in color.
- Once sugar is completely melted, add butter and stir until dissolved.
- Slowly add in heavy cream and heat for one minute.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and salt.
- The sauce will keep for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
This recipe makes 1 cup of salted caramel sauce.