Easy Turkey Swedish Meatballs are a lightened-up version of traditional Swedish Meatballs. Served in a delicious, creamy sauce. Serve them over mashed potatoes, rice or egg noodles.
Chardonnay Food Pairings
Wondering what pairs with chardonnay? I’ve got you covered with these amazing chardonnay food pairings!
Chardonnay can vary greatly in body and oakiness. While California chardonnay wines are generally full-bodied, buttery and oaky, Oregon, Italian and French chardonnays tend to be un-oaked, with a brighter acidity and display more citrus notes.
What foods pair well with chardonnay?
What meat does chardonnay pair well with?
- Chicken – Try this easy roasted chicken or chicken piccata.
- Pork – Grilled pork chops and pork piccata are amazing matches.
- Seafood – Especially salmon and shrimp piccata.
- Ham – This glazed ham makes a great pairing!
Food Pairings for Chardonnay:
Lighter, un-oaked chardonnay will pair well with more citrus forward dishes, and lighter dishes like seafood or grilled chicken.
- Creamy Polenta
- Chicken, especially Chicken Breasts, Chicken Marsala, Chicken with White Wine Sauce and Roasted Chicken.
- Sous Vide Salmon or Salmon with Lemon Dill Sauce
- Grilled Swordfish
- Shrimp Piccata or Shrimp Skewers
Medium-Bodied Oaked Chardonnay:
Medium-bodied, oak-aged chardonnay tends to pair better with foods that contain butter or cream. For example, creamy pasta dishes or risotto.
- Risotto, try Lemon Risotto, Scallop Risotto, or Shrimp Risotto.
- Creamy Pasta dishes like this Sun Dried Tomato Pesto, Goat Cheese Pasta with 5-Minute Lemony Kale Pesto, or Roasted Fennel Pasta with Ricotta
- Turkey Swedish Meatballs
- Glazed Ham or Ham & Bean Soup
- Creamy soup recipes like Potato Leek Soup, Cauliflower Soup or Avgolemono Soup
What appetizers pair well with Chardonnay?
- Brie Crostini with Prosciutto & Honey
- Curry Chicken Skewers with Lime
- Ham and Cheese Pinwheels
- Salmon Dip with Creme Fraiche
Looking for more white wine food pairings, be sure to check out my favorite foods that pair with Champagne, Pinot Gris, and Riesling too.
My newest recipes that pair with chardonnay:
EASY Air Fryer Chicken Thighs (Crispy + Juicy!!)
These incredibly easy air fryer chicken thighs are juicy and crispy with just the right amount of herbs and seasonings. This easy recipe works perfectly for bone-in or boneless chicken and skin-on or skinless.
Easy Bearnaise Sauce Recipe (The BEST Steak Sauce)
This easy Bearnaise sauce recipe is rich, fluffy, and tangy. This sauce can be used on a variety of dishes, like steak and seafood.
Lasagna with Bechamel (Classic Italian Recipe)
This show-stopping Lasagna with Bechamel is layered with a slow-simmered meat sauce and homemade bechamel sauce. It’s a creamy, close-to-authentic Italian lasagna you’ll never forget!
The BEST Vegan Caesar Salad (Creamy + Delicious)
This Vegan Caesar Salad has all the tanginess and creaminess that you’d expect from a traditional Caesar salad, but it’s completely plant based. Topped with fresh avocado, crispy fried capers and croutons.
Mexican Carrots Side Dish (Roasted Elote Style)
I’m serving up these Oven Roasted Mexican Carrots elote style. Similar to how you’d dress grilled street corn, these delicious tender carrots are topped with lime, crumbled cheese, jalapenos and cilantro. So crazy good!