One Pot Lasagna Soup tastes just like lasagna without all the work. This beef & noodle tomato soup cooks in one pot and is served topped with a creamy ricotta cheese mixture that melts deliciously into it.
As we all know, lasagna can be a very time consuming dish.
I’ve got a great lasagna recipe that layers the noodles with a béchamel sauce and a beef ragu. It’s amazingly good, but I very rarely ever make it because it makes a ton and it takes a ton of time to make! With just the two of us around the house, lasagna has resigned itself to being for special occasions when we’ve got a big group at the house.
This soup fits the bill for when you want lasagna and you’re in a time crunch. Or, for when you don’t want a massive amount of lasagna.
One Pot Lasagna Soup
- You won’t miss the noodles – they’re in there.
- You won’t miss the tomato sauce, because those noodles are floating in it.
- And you won’t miss the cheese…
The best part of this one pot lasagna soup may be the fact that it’s topped with a mixture of creamy ricotta, mozzarella & parmesan. That little dollop of cheese melts into your hot soup and gives it such a richness and extra layer of flavors. You will love it!
The second best part of this soup may how easy it is! Everything cooks in one pot, with no assembly. Meaning minimal cleanup and effort on your end.
Meaning more time for drinking wine….
How Do You Make Lasagna Soup?
- Start by browning up some ground beef.
- Add in some onion and garlic and let it soften.
- Then, add in lots of Italian spices, broth, and broken up lasagna noodles.
- Let it all simmer together while you make the yummy cheese topping and open a bottle of wine.
That’s it – Super simple.
PS – Want an even easier and quicker way to make this yummy soup? Be sure to try my Instant Pot Lasagna Soup recipe too!
- Creamy Italian Quinoa Soup
- Instant Pot Lentil Soup with Sausage & Kale
- Tomato Bisque Soup
- Potato Cheese Soup with Smoky Chipotle
- Avgolemono Soup (Lemon Chicken Soup with Dill)
- Instant Pot Weight Loss Soup (with Stovetop Instructions)
Wine Pairings for Lasagna Soup:
- Italian red wines – Chianti, Barbera, Barolo are all great picks.
If you loved this Lasagna Soup I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
One Pot Lasagna Soup Recipe
One Pot Lasagna Soup
Lasagna Soup tastes just like lasagna without all the work. This beef & noodle tomato soup is served topped with a creamy ricotta cheese mixture that melts deliciously into it.
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 5 cups bone broth or low-sodium chicken broth or beef broth
- 2 14.5 ounce cans petite diced tomatoes
- 3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon fennel seeds crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 8 lasagna noodles broken into bite size pieces (6.5 oz)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Ricotta Cheese Topping
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley plus more for garnish
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Once hot, add beef, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally until browned.
Add onion and garlic and saute until it begins to soften, about 3 minutes.
Add broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano, fennel seeds, thyme, sugar, lasagna noodles, and season with salt and pepper. Bring just to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
In a mixing bowl, using a fork, stir together mozzarella, parmesan, ricotta and parsley.
Ladle soup into bowls, dollop with a large scoop of the ricotta cheese mixture and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Note: This recipe was originally published in December 2014. It was updated in December 2018 to update the photographs and content, the Lasagna Soup recipe remains the same.