This Homemade Italian seasoning recipe is made with dried herbs (that you probably have on hand) and can be used for a variety of dishes – from chicken to pasta.
This makes the perfect substitute when a recipe calls for Italian Seasoning and you don’t have any on hand.
Believe it or not, Italian seasoning is not only simple to make but is also cheaper than store bought. This recipe only takes seven ingredients and more than likely already have in your pantry.
It’s the best Italian Seasoning substitute when you don’t have any on hand.
What ingredients are needed to make Italian Seasoning?
The ingredients are simple! And you probably have them on hand in your spice cabinet:
- Garlic Powder
- Red pepper flakes (optional, adds spice!)
How should the ingredients be added together?
- Whisk ingredients together in a bowl until combined.
How to store it:
- Use immediately or store in a sealed container for up to one year.
Italian Seasoning uses:
- Spice up some Homemade Croutons
- Season these Pasta Chips
- Add a dash to this Creamy Quinoa Soup
- Use it to spice up this Kielbasa Soup
- Add flavor to this Healthy Chicken Parmesan or Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan
- Elevate the flavor in this Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
If you loved this seasoning recipe, I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Taco Seasoning
- Homemade Chili Seasoning
- Cajun Seasoning
- Toasted Rice Powder
Homemade Italian Seasoning Recipe
- Whisk ingredients together in a bowl until combined. Use immediately or store in a sealed container for up to 1 year.