This Homemade Italian seasoning recipe is made with dried herbs (that you probably have on hand) and can be used for a variety of dishes – from chicken to pasta.
This makes the perfect substitute when a recipe calls for Italian Seasoning and you don’t have any on hand.
Interested in more seasoning recipes? Try out my Homemade Taco Seasoning, Cajun Seasoning, and Everything Bagel Seasoning.
Believe it or not, Italian seasoning is not only simple to make but is also cheaper than store bought. This recipe only takes seven ingredients and more than likely already have in your pantry.
It’s the best Italian Seasoning substitute when you don’t have any on hand.
Similar to my Homemade Taco Seasoning and Cajun Seasoning, Italian herb seasoning is incredibly versatile, too.
What ingredients are needed to make Italian Seasoning?
The ingredients are simple! And you probably have them on hand in your spice cabinet:
- Garlic Powder
- Red pepper flakes (optional, adds spice!)
How should the ingredients be added together?
- Whisk ingredients together in a bowl until combined.
How to store it:
- Use immediately or store in a sealed container for up to one year.
Italian Seasoning uses:
- Spice up some Homemade Croutons or Air Fryer Shrimp
- Season these Pasta Chips
- Add a dash to this Creamy Quinoa Soup or these Sauteed Onions
- Use it to spice up this Kielbasa Soup
- Add flavor to these Baked Chicken Breasts, Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks, Mushroom Chicken, Healthy Chicken Parmesan or Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan
- Elevate the flavor in this Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
If you loved this seasoning recipe, I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
For more great Platings & Pairings recipes, be sure to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
More homemade seasoning recipes:
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Taco Seasoning
- Homemade Chili Seasoning
- Cajun Seasoning
- Toasted Rice Powder
Homemade Italian Seasoning Recipe
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional, if you like a touch of spice)
- Whisk ingredients together in a bowl until combined. Use immediately or store in a sealed container for up to 1 year.
Check out the web story.