This Arugula Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette is my go-to green salad. The arugula has a peppery bite to it which pairs wonderfully with the acid in the red wine vinaigrette. It’s a perfect pairing for rich dishes.
This is my go to green salad. The arugula has a nice peppery bite, but the dressing has a sweet taste that balances out the flavors perfectly. I top it off with some shaved parmesan and toasted pine nuts for added crunch.
This dressing couldn’t be easier to make. Plus, it stores nicely in the fridge, so it’s great to keep on hand for dinners throughout the week.
Arugula Salad Dressing Ingredients
There are just 4 ingredients in this arugula salad dressing:
- Olive Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar
Just add the ingredients to a small mason jar and shake to emulsify.
Arugula Salad Recipe
Arugula Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 1 shallot finely minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup pine nuts toasted, for topping
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan for topping
Combine the shallot, oil, vinegar, mustard, honey and salt and pepper in a small mason jar and shake to emulsify.
- In a large bowl, toss the arugula with enough of the vinaigrette to just coat the leaves.
- Season with additional salt and pepper and top with toasted pine nuts and parmesan.
If you loved this Arugula Salad recipe I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
More salad recipes: