This Arugula Salad recipe with red wine vinaigrette is my go-to green salad. The arugula has a peppery bite to it which pairs wonderfully with the acidity of the vinaigrette. It’s the perfect salad for pairing with rich dishes or bowls of pasta.
This Arugula Salad recipe is my go-to when I want a simple salad that pairs with a variety of dishes. The arugula has a nice peppery bite, but the dressing has a sweet taste that balances out the flavors perfectly. I top it off with some shaved parmesan and toasted pine nuts for added crunch.
The dressing for this arugula salad couldn’t be easier to make. You only need five ingredients. Plus, it stores nicely in the fridge, so it’s great to keep on hand for dinners throughout the week. Often, I’ll make a double or triple batch just for that reason.
Arugula Salad Dressing Ingredients
There are just 5 ingredients in this delicious arugula salad dressing:
- Olive Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Dijon Mustard
To make the red wine vinaigrette, just add the ingredients to a small mason jar and shake well to emulsify.
What Goes With Arugula Salad
This Arugula Salad recipe pairs really nicely with rich, hearty meat dishes. It also pairs well with pasta. Here are some great dishes that go well with arugula salad:
- Spaghetti Aglio e Olio with Breadcrumbs
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Charred Lemon Chimichurri
- Caprese Tomato Risotto
- Roasted Fennel Pasta with Ricotta
If you loved this Arugula Salad recipe I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished salad and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Arugula Salad Recipe
Arugula Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 1 shallot (finely minced)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (toasted, for topping)
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan (for topping)
- Combine the shallot, oil, vinegar, mustard, honey and salt and pepper in a small mason jar and shake to emulsify.
- In a large bowl, toss the arugula with enough of the vinaigrette to just coat the leaves.
- Season with additional salt and pepper and top with toasted pine nuts and parmesan.
This post was originally published in November 2014. It was updated in August 2019 to revise the photographs and content. The original recipe remains the same. Enjoy!
- 30-Minute Thai Beef Salad
- Summer Chicken Cobb Salad
- Kale Caesar Salad with Chicken
- Mediterranean Chickpea & Tuna Salad
- Turkey Meatball Salad with Slaw Dressing