This easy Instant Pot Lasagna Soup tastes just like lasagna without all the work. Your electric pressure cooker makes it super simple.
Don’t have an instant pot? This One Pot Lasagna Soup recipe is just as delicious!
Sometimes you want lasagna without all the work.
Instead of reaching for a frozen lasagna, may I suggest this Instant Pot Lasagna Soup instead?
It’s quicker than making a full-on lasagna, but it’s so much tastier than the kind you’d pick up in the freezer section.
🛒 Ingredients needed
- Ground beef – I like to use lean ground beef. You can also use Italian sausage, ground pork, or ground turkey.
- Olive Oil
- Dried Herbs – Basil, oregano, fennel seeds, dried thyme. Or, swap in some Italian seasoning.
- Sugar – A pinch adds a little sweetness to this soup.
- Onion + Garlic
- Bone broth – Or chicken broth, vegetable broth or beef broth.
- Canned Tomatoes – I prefer to use petite diced tomatoes.
- Tomato Paste – Adds that cooked all day flavor!
- Lasagna Noodles – Broken into bite size pieces.
- Salt + Pepper
- For the Ricotta Topping – Mozzarella, parmesan, ricotta, and fresh parsley.
📋 How do you make Instant Pot Lasagna Soup?
- Start by browning up some ground beef.
- Add in some onion and garlic and let it soften.
- Then, add in lots of Italian spices, broth, and broken up lasagna noodles.
- Make sure the noodles are all submerged.
- Seal the Instant Pot and set it for 4 minutes. Let it cook away while you make the yummy cheese topping and open that bottle of wine.
I previously made this soup on my stovetop, but now that the Instant Pot has entered my life, this is definitely my preferred way of making it. With just 10 minutes of prep work and 10 minutes of cook time this Instant Pot Lasagna Soup will be on your table.
Be sure to account for the time it takes for the pressure to build and release in your pressure cooker too, which will probably be around 25 minutes. But the good part is, that part of the process is totally hands off. Which means you have some bonus time to open up that bottle of Italian red wine and have a few sips…
It also leaves you with time to mix up what may just be the best part of this lasagna soup – the creamy ricotta-mozzarella-parmesan cheese mixture that gets spooned over your warm bowls of soup. That little dollop of cheese melts into it perfectly and makes this soup so delicious and creamy. You will love it!
- For even more flavor, try swapping in some sausage for the ground beef.
- For a lightened up version, try using ground turkey.
- For vegetarian lasagna soup, use sauteed mushrooms and zucchini in place of the meat or use a meat substitute like impossible burger.
- For extra veggies, stir in some baby spinach at the end of the cook time.
Don’t have an Instant Pot? You can also make this One Pot Lasagna Soup recipe on your stovetop.
🕕 How to store & reheat
- This soup will keep for up to 3 days in the fridge, or you can freeze it for up to 3 months. However, the noodles will absorb some of the cooking liquids and your soup will become thick. To loosen it up, add some additional chicken stock or water. Or, you can make the soup and noodles separate, then when you are ready to serve, simply stir in your cooked noodles.
🍷 Wine pairings
- Look for Italian red wines to pair with this lasagna soup. Chianti, Barbera, Barolo are all great picks.
🥣 More Instant Pot soup recipes
- Instant Pot Lentil Soup with Sausage & Kale
- Instant Pot Persian Beef Stew
- Instant Pot Minestrone Soup
- Instant Pot Weight Loss Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Pho
- Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot Bean Soup with Pesto
🥫 More lasagna recipes
🍽 What to serve with it
- Arugula Salad
- Fennel & Celery Salad
- Radicchio Salad with Olives & Parmesan
- More → Sides for Lasagna
- More → Sides for Soup
Did you try this instapot lasagna soup?
If you loved this ip lasagna soup I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
For more great Platings and Pairings recipes, be sure to follow me on Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest and Facebook.
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon fennel seeds (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 cups bone broth (or chicken or beef broth)
- 2 14.5 ounce cans petite diced tomatoes
- 3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 pieces lasagna noodles (broken into bite size pieces (6.5 oz))
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (plus more for garnish)
- Turn Instant Pot on to SAUTE and add olive oil.
- Once hot, add beef, basil, oregano, fennel, thyme and sugar and season with salt and pepper, and brown the meat, using a wooden spoon to break it apart.
- Once browned, add the onion and garlic, and cook until onion is translucent, 2-3 minutes.
- Hit CANCEL.
- Add broth, tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir to combine.
- Break noodles into pieces, add them to the Instant Pot and push them under the broth so they are submerged.
- Put lid on pot, and lock into place. Set valve to sealing.
- Cook on manual (or pressure cook) high pressure for 4 minutes. It will take about 15 minutes for the pressure to build, then the countdown timer will begin.
- After 4 minutes, let Instant Pot natural release for 10 minutes then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Open the pot and stir everything together
- Taste and adjust the flavor if needed with additional salt or pepper.
- Serve soup in bowls topped with 1- 2 tbsps ricotta cheese mixture, a sprinkle of mozzarella, and fresh basil.
- In a small bowl, combine mozzarella, ricotta, parmesan, and parsley. Season with salt, to taste.
This recipe was originally published in 2018. It was updated in 2023 to add information. The original recipe remains the same. Enjoy!
17 thoughts on “Instant Pot Lasagna Soup (EASY 10-Minute Recipe)”
This looks so good, and I can’t wait to make it. One question–if I leave it on the Keep Warm setting for an hour or so, will the noodles get too mushy or absorb too much of the liquid?
Hi Judy – It should be ok for an hour, but any more than that, I think the noodles will definitely become mushy.
Can I use other noodles? I only have oven ready lasagna noodles on hand but I have some super beautiful imported pastas
Hi Danielle – You sure can!
For no-boil lasagna noodles, how much time would you recommend?
If you can avoid it, I wouldn’t use them in this recipe. I haven’t tried them yet, but I’m guessing that they would become too mushy.
I tried this recipe tonight and my family abosulaty loved it. I will definitely be making it again.
I’m so happy to hear that Beth!
One of my favorite go-tos
Thank you Anne!
Delicious. I made it with ground chicken instead and was great.
Made this soup last night and it tasted good and was easy to make. I would definitely beef up the seasoning, I almost always double it when cooking in an instant pot. I would also recommend draining the fat from the meat before adding anything else, the fat created an oil slick on top of the finished product that was a little off-putting. Tip: if you like a thicker soup, put your IP on sauté after the steam is released and cook it while mixing for a bit to thicken it up.
I might try this as a creamier soup in the future by taking an immersion blender to the tomatoes and using less broth, add lots of fresh herbs and serve
Make sure you serve this is a VERY shallow bowl, so you can lick it ALL out after you finish using your spoon.. WoooW, This is tasty!!
I’m so happy you liked it Ray!
So why you gotta mix the cheeses? Seems like unnecessary trouble when all you have to do is pop the cheeses and parsley on top of your full bowl. In this house, we don’t dirty the extra dish.
Good point Jaya – Totally unnecessary if you don’t feel like mixing it all up 🙂
I’ve made this a number of times, it rocks! Here’s modifications I’ve made to make it Plant Based/vegan and so delicious that meat eating friends/family just love it!
-My favorite pasta to use is 6.5 oz of Farfalle
-Instead of sausage, I use “Gimme Lean” vegetarian sausage by Lightlife Foods.
-I add 1/4 cup nutritional yeast to the pot before sealing.
-For “cheeze” sauce I make this in a high speed blender:
1 cup raw cashews (soaked in hot water for 15 min. and drained)
1 cup vegetable or “no-chicken” broth
1T lemon juice
Pinch of salt and pepper