This foolproof recipe makes flavorful and tender air fryer chicken breasts every time, seasoned with herbs and spices.
Similar to my air fryer chicken thighs, this air fryer chicken recipe is made with just the right amount of seasoning and extremely versatile. This recipe is also perfect for someone following a keto or Whole30 lifestyle.
Air frying is the best way to cook tender chicken in less time, since there’s no preheating the oven. And with my simple seasoning blend, these flavorful chicken breasts not only make an easy weeknight dinner, but they’re perfect for meal prep too.
The best thing about serving chicken is that it is so versatile. Adding a delicious and creamy sauce like this white bbq sauce or Peruvian creamy green sauce can create an entirely new recipe. And adding side dishes like Instant Pot Risotto or Sous Vide Asparagus makes it the perfect meal.
What is needed for air fryer chicken breasts recipe?
- Olive Oil
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
At what temperature do you air fry chicken breasts?
- Cook at 370-degrees for the best flavor.
How to make air fryer chicken breasts:
- In a small bowl combine the salt and spices with oil to create a paste. Coat boneless chicken breasts with the paste. Place chicken pieces in the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook.
How long does it take to cook chicken in the air fryer?
- Place in the air fryer basket and cook at 370-degrees for 10 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook for an additional 7-10 minutes cooking time, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165-degrees on an instant read thermometer. Total cook time will depend on the size of your chicken breasts.
When to add additional ingredients:
- You can add veggies like halved brussels sprouts, broccoli, etc. at the halfway point.
Store leftover chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It will also keep in the freezer for up to three months, wrapped tightly in plastic wrap. These delicious chicken breasts are tasty in these Gyro Bowls, Street Corn Chicken Tacos and Southwest Chicken Salad.
Wine pairings for chicken breasts:
These choices pair nicely with a light meat chicken.
If you loved this air fryer chicken breast recipe, I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Favorite sides with chicken breasts:
- Green Bean Fries
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Sauteed Spinach
- Potato Salad
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
- Shaved Fennel and Celery Salad
- Kale Caesar Salad
More easy chicken recipes:
- Mongolian Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Breasts
- Chicken Larb Gai Recipe (Thai Lettuce Wraps)
- Chicken Gyro Bowls with Quinoa
- Easy Roasted Chicken
- Pretzel Crusted Chicken with Cheddar-Mustard Sauce
More air fryer recipes:
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings with Buffalo Sauce
- Air Fryer Toasted Ravioli
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Air Fried Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Chinese Chicken Wings
Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- 1 tbsp . olive oil
- 2 . chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp . oregano
- ½ tsp . paprika
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- ½ tsp . garlic powder
- In a small bowl combine the salt and spices with oil to create a paste. Coat chicken breasts with the paste.
- Place in the air fryer basket and cook at 370-degrees for 10 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook for an additional 7-10 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165-degrees.
- Can add halved brussels sprouts, broccoli, etc. at the halfway point.