Crispy parmesan Green Bean Fries are baked in the oven for a healthy, delicious treat. Served up with three dipping sauces – green goddess, honey mustard & creamy sriracha. A secret ingredient makes them extra delicious! Air Fryer directions included.
Green Bean Fries have become a popular appetizer item at many restaurants. I think that I could go to town on those things and fill up before the main course even comes to the table. So, I decided to give a go at making these crispy little string beans a bit healthier at home. To do so, I’m using the oven, instead of a deep fryer, and I’m using a secret ingredient to make give them that little something extra – Ritz crackers.
Coating them in crushed up crackers provides such a great, crispy texture, you won’t want to turn back to the original version! But I’m amping them up even further by adding some delicious parmesan cheese and garlic to the mix. For sure this green bean appetizer finger food will become one of your favorites!
How to Make Crispy Green Bean Fries
- Use cracker crumbs instead of breadcrumbs. By crushing them yourself, you’ll get larger and flakier pieces, so you’ll get more of a crunch.
- Dredge in flour first. This ensures that your coating will stick.
- Don’t crowd your baking sheet. If the green beans are too close together they will steam instead of baking up crispy.
How to Make Green Bean Fries in Oven
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes until golden and crispy.
How to Make Green Bean Fries in Air Fryer
- Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees. Arrange green beans in a single layer. Cook for 5 minutes. Then, toss the green beans and cook for 2-3 more minutes, if necessary.
I paired my Green Bean Fries with a trio of dipping sauces – Honey Mustard, Greek Goddess, and Sriracha Cream. If you’ve got kiddos at home, they’re going to love eating their vegetables this way. Most kids that I know love to dip.
The dipping sauces are super easy to make too. Here are the recipes:
Green Beans Fries Dipping Sauce
- Honey Mustard Sauce
- Green Goddess Dressing
- Sriracha Cream Sauce: 1 Tablespoon Sriracha + 2 Tablespoons Sour Cream (or Greek Yogurt)
Which sauce would you choose? I’m Green Goddess all the way.
- Farro Salad with Basil Lemon Tahini Dressing
- Instant Pot Baked Potatoes (with Crispy Skins)
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Reduction & Cranberries
- Roasted Broccoli with Garlic & Basil Tahini Sauce
Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Air Fryer Falafel
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings with Buffalo Sauce
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries with Dipping Sauce
Green Bean Recipes:
If you loved these Green Bean Fries I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished green bean fries and dipping sauces and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Green Bean Fries Recipe
Green Bean Fries
- 1 pound fresh green beans (washed and trimmed)
- ¾ cup Ritz crackers (crushed (or panko/breadcrumbs))
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine the cracker crumbs, parmesan, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Lightly spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a shallow baking dish or small bowl, whisk eggs. Toss green beans with flour, then dip the green beans in the egg, then in the crumb mixture to coat.
- Place on baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden & crispy. Serve immediately with desired dipping sauce.