Green Bean Fries have become a popular appetizer item at many restaurants. I think that I could go to town on those things and fill up before the main course even comes to the table. I decided to give a go at making these crispy little string beans a bit healthier at home. To do so, I’m using the oven, instead of a deep fryer. Coating them in crushed up crackers and giving them a light spray of oil before popping them into the oven does the trick and provides such a great, crispy texture, you won’t want to turn back to the original version!
I paired mine with a trio of dipping sauces – Honey Mustard, Greek Goddess, and Sriracha Cream. If you’ve got kiddos at home, they’re going to love eating their vegetables this way. Kids love to dip!
Sauce for Fried Green Bean:
- Honey Mustard Sauce: 1 Tablespoon Honey, 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- Green Goddess Dressing: Get the recipe here!
- Sriracha Cream Sauce: 1 Tablespoon Sriracha, 2 Tablespoons Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
Green Bean Fries Recipe
Green Bean Fries with a Trio of Dipping SaucesPrint
- ¾ cup Ritz crackers crushed
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- olive oil spray
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 pound fresh green beans washed and trimmed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine the cracker crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Lightly spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray.
- Dip the green beans in the egg, then in the crumb mixture to coat.
- Place on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- When all green beans are coated, spray them lightly with the olive oil spray and place the baking sheet in the oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then flip them and bake for another 2-5 minutes until crispy. If needed, turn on the broiler for a minute or two to get them really crispy.
If you loved these Green Bean Fries I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished carnitas tacos and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
More side dish recipes: