This 5 Ingredient Sheet Pan Salmon is the perfect dinner for busy weeknights! This complete seafood dinner cooks in just 30 minutes and the cleanup is easy too!
Who doesn’t love a great one-pan meal? Be it one-pot, one-skillet, one sheet pan – they’re just my favorite because you basically just toss everything together and let it cook away for a bit.
Sheet Pan Salmon
This particular 5-Ingredient Sheet Pan Salmon dinner was influenced by a chicken dish that my mom used to make a bit in our house. She’d take a bottle of Italian dressing and marinate some boneless, skinless chicken breasts in it overnight. They’d take on all that yummy tart and tangy flavor of the vinaigrette and absorb all those herbs too. Super easy and inexpensive!
Today I’m using a similar approach – I’m tossing some baby potatoes with the Italian dressing, letting them get nice and roasty on the sheet pan first, and then adding some green beans and salmon to the mix. I also gave those green beans a good rub down with the dressing and then drizzled a bit over the salmon before baking too.
At this point we’re up to 4-ingredients:
- Green Beans
- Italian Dressing
I went ahead and threw one more ingredient into the mix too – just to add a little extra bit of flavor —> Lemon! I squeezed the juice of an entire lemon over the top of the veggies and salmon and then sliced it up and let it roast away during the last bit of cooking time.
PS – For these photos, I also added a sliced up shallot to add some extra color. It was also delicious, but is totally optional.
The result was amazingly flavorful, the salmon stayed moist, the potatoes got crispy, and the green beans got nice and browned and a bit caramelized. And then I cheated a little bit… I threw one more ingredient into the mix, but this is totally optional… I served it all up with a bit of tartar sauce on the side. Yum!
This healthy, quick and easy 5-Ingredient Sheet Pan Salmon is perfect for busy weeknights and can be changed up in so many different ways. Don’t like green beans? Swap in some zucchini, broccoli, red peppers or asparagus instead. Not into potatoes or doing the low carb thing? Skip them entirely and just load up you sheet pan with more veggies!
Have you tried any one pan dinner recipes yet? What are some of your favorites? I’d love to hear in the comments below.
Wine Pairings for Salmon:
- Pinot Gris has a nice acidity to it and its notes of citrus will pair well with the lemon that’s squeezed over the salmon.
- Want a red wine? A light Pinot Noir or young Beaujolais would also work well here – With a bit of acidity and a hint of earthiness, they make a great match for this dish.
- MORE —> 8 wines that pair with salmon perfectly!
If you loved this Sheet Pan Salmon recipe I would appreciate it so much if you would give it a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
One Pan Recipes:
- One Pan Miso Glazed Salmon and Vegetables
- One Skillet Chicken with White Wine & Mustard Cream Sauce
- One Pot Harissa Chicken with Chickpeas and Yogurt
- 20-Minute Tortellini Skillet Lasagna
What to Serve with Salmon:
- White Rice
- Brown Rice
- Arugula Salad
- Sous Vide Asparagus
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- More —> side dishes for salmon
- More —> sauces for salmon
More salmon recipes:
- Sheet Pan Salmon with Pickled Ginger Butter Sauce
- Creme Fraiche Salmon Dip
- Salmon Sushi Bowls
- Smoked Salmon Platter
- “Everything” Crusted Salmon
- Miso Glazed Salmon
- Salmon in the Instant Pot with Lemon Dill Sauce
Note: This recipe also works with trout. Learn more about trout vs. salmon here.
Sheet Pan Salmon Recipe
5-Ingredient Sheet Pan Salmon
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Add potatoes to a large bowl. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons Italian dressing and season with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Arrange potatoes cut-side down on a rimmed baking sheet and roast until potatoes are tender, 20-25 minutes.
- While the potatoes roast, trim green beans and place in the same large bowl used for the potatoes. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons Italian dressing and season with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- When potatoes are tender, remove from oven and preheat broiler to high.
- Arrange salmon in center of baking sheet with potatoes and add green beans. Drizzle remaining tablespoon Italian dressing over the salmon and season with salt and pepper. Squeeze lemon halves over entire baking sheet and, if desired, slice lemon slices and add to baking sheet.
- Broil salmon, green beans, potatoes, and lemons 10 minutes, or until salmon is no longer translucent but still moist in center and green beans, potatoes, and lemons are lightly browned. Serve with tartar sauce, if desired.
- If your potatoes are browning too quickly under the broiler, tent them with some tin foil.
- Feel free to use fat-free Italian dressing in this recipe too for a healthier option.
- Swap out the green beans or potatoes for your favorite vegetable. The options are endless!
This post was originally published in 2017. It was updated in 2020 to add new photographs. The original recipe remains the same. Enjoy!