Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts with Balsamic cook up crispy and delicious with minimal oil with the help of your air fryer! Dressed simply with balsamic vinegar and a sprinkle of salt. Or, add bacon to make them extra delicious!
I’ve discovered that brussels sprouts come out extra crispy and delicious with the help of your air fryer and now I’m obsessed. The outer leaves are the best! They taste like potato chips!
While they’re delicious served as a side dish with something like this Easy Roasted Chicken, or these Shake n Bake Pork Chops, you’ll often find me snacking on them on their own and calling that dinner for the night.
How Do You Air Fry Brussel Sprouts?
- Quarter the sprouts. By quartering them, you’re creating more surface area that will get especially delicious! Add them to a medium bowl.
- Toss with a drizzle of oil and balsamic vinegar & sprinkle with salt.
- Fry at 380-degrees for 18 minutes, tossing halfway through.
🌟 Air Frying Tips
- Buy similar sized brussels sprouts for consistent cooking.
- Don’t crowd the basket. If the basket is too full, the brussels sprouts won’t crisp up well. There needs to be enough room for the air to circulate around them.
- Set a timer. That way you won’t forget to shake the basket halfway through.
- Doubling the recipe is possible but you will likely need to cook in batches so that the brussels sprouts aren’t crowded in the fryer basket.
- If cooking in batches, the second batch may cook quicker since it will already be preheated from the first batch.
🌡 Air Fryer Temperature
- I like to air fry brussels sprouts at 380 degrees. This ensures that the brussels sprouts cook throughout and become crispy on the outside. A lower temperature will result in less crispy sprouts. A higher temperature may result in sprouts that aren’t fully cooked on the inside.
🥣 Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts with Balsamic
- To add flavor to air fryer brussels sprouts, I like to toss them in a bowl with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and a sprinkle of sea salt. Be sure to give them a good toss and let them sit for a couple minutes to ensure that the oil/vinegar mixture really sinks into the sprouts.
🧄 Flavor Variations
- Bacon: If you want to air fry brussels sprouts with bacon, cut four pieces of raw bacon into 2-inch pieces and toss them with the sprouts before they go into the air fryer.
- Cheese: Sprinkle some parmesan cheese onto your cooked vegetables.
- Seasonings: Before air frying, toss your sprouts with some Italian seasoning, garlic powder, cajun seasoning, or everything bagel seasoning.
- Balsamic Glaze: Swap out the balsamic vinegar and make this balsamic glaze instead. Or, you can purchase the glaze pre-made.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days.
ℹ️ How to Reheat Brussels Sprouts in the Air Fryer
- To reheat brussel sprouts, simply add them to the air fryer and heat at 350-degrees for 10-12 minutes.
To ensure that your brussels sprouts are crispy, you want to be sure that they are completely dry before going into the air fryer (otherwise they will steam). You also want to be sure not to overcrowd the basket so that the air can circulate around them (work in batches if you need t0).
A little bit of oil helps the brussels sprouts to crisp up and brown. If you’d like to cut back on the oil, you can use a spray oil instead of tossing the sprouts with olive oil.
Simply trim off the ends and then quarter the sprouts. Toss them with your seasonings and cook.
You can use frozen brussels sporuts, however, they won’t get as crispy as fresh brussel sprouts.
✔️ More Brussel Sprout Recipes
- Smashed Brussel Sprouts with Lemon Tahini Sauce
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Apples & Pecans
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Reduction & Cranberries
- Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad with Mustard & Parmesan
- Southwest Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad with Bacon
- Orecchiette with Brussels Sprouts and Bacon
- More → 15+ AMAZING Brussel Sprout Recipes
🍽 More EASY Side Dishes
- The Best Glazed Carrots Recipe
- Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
- Mashed Cauliflower
- Instant Pot Artichokes
- Creamy Polenta with Parmesan
📋 More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Falafel
- Pasta Chips
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Green Bean Fries
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings with Buffalo Sauce
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries with Dipping Sauce
Did you try these air cooked brussel sprouts?
If you loved these veggies I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts with Balsamic Recipe
- 1 pound brussels sprouts (trimmed and quartered)
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- Heat air fryer to 380 degrees.
- In a bowl, toss together brussels sprouts, oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt.
- Place brussels sprouts in air fryer basket. Fry for 18 minutes, shaking basket or stirring the brussels sprouts halfway through.
- Season with additional salt if needed, and enjoy.
Check out the web story here.
This post was originally published in 2020. It was updated in 2023 to add new information. The air fryer balsamic brussels sprouts recipe remains the same. Enjoy!