These incredibly easy air fryer chicken thighs are juicy and crispy with just the right amount of herbs and seasonings. This easy recipe works perfectly for bone-in or boneless chicken and skin-on or skinless.
These air fryer chicken thighs are seasoned to absolute perfection. Using your air fryer is a great way to get the crispiest skin and the juiciest chicken.
Air frying is the best way to cook the crispiest chicken thighs in less time and without deep frying. Coated with my simple homemade chicken seasoning, these flavorful chicken thighs not only make an easy dinner for busy weeknights that your whole family will love, but they’re perfect for healthy eating meal prep too.
The best thing about serving chicken is that it is also so versatile. Adding a delicious and creamy sauce like this white bbq sauce or Peruvian creamy green sauce can create an entirely new recipe. And adding side dishes like Instant Pot Risotto or Sous Vide Asparagus makes it the perfect meal.
What is needed for this air fryer chicken thighs recipe?
- Olive Oil
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
At what temperature do you air fry chicken thighs?
- 360-degrees makes for deliciously most and flavorful chicken in the air fryer.
How to make air fryer chicken thighs:
- In a small bowl combine the salt and spices with oil to create a paste. Coat raw chicken thighs with the dry rub paste. Place chicken thighs in the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook.
How long does it take to cook chicken in the air fryer?
- Cook your chicken thighs at 360-degrees for 12-15 minutes, flipping halfway through, until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees f on an instant read thermometer. Cooking time will vary based on the thickness of your chicken thighs.
Skin on chicken thighs:
For skin on chicken thighs, after the cook time is up, increase the temperature to 400 degrees and cook skin side up for an additional 5 minutes to crisp up the skin.
Tip: You can add halved brussels sprouts, broccoli, etc. at the halfway point and it will cook right along with your chicken.
Store leftover chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It will also keep in the freezer for up to three months, wrapped tightly in plastic wrap.
Favorite side dishes with air fryer chicken thighs:
- Vegan Caesar Salad
- Sauteed Spinach
- Easy Mashed Potatoes with Sour Cream
- Glazed Carrots
- Cherry Tomato Salad with Roasted Lemons
- Easy Arugula Salad
Wine pairings for chicken breasts:
These choices pair nicely with a light meat chicken.
If you loved this air fryer recipe, I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
More air fryer recipes:
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings with Buffalo Sauce
- Air Fryer Toasted Ravioli
- Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan
- Air Fryer Meatloaf
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Air Fried Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Chinese Chicken Wings
More poultry recipes:
- Sous Vide Miso Chicken Recipe
- Leftover chicken soup
- Easy Turkey Swedish Meatballs
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a small bowl combine the salt and spices with oil to create a paste. Coat chicken thighs with the paste.
- Place in the air fryer basket and cook at 360-degrees for 12-15 minutes, flipping halfway through, until the internal temperature reaches 165-degrees.
- Can add halved brussels sprouts, broccoli, etc. at the halfway point.
- For skin on chicken thighs, after the cook time is up, increase the temperature to 400 degrees and cook skin side up for an additional 5 minutes to crisp up the skin.