Learn how to make the BEST Instant Pot Corn on the Cob. This pressure cooker corn on the cob recipe uses a simple, secret ingredient to guarantee that your corn is sweet, tender and delicious!
Growing up, my mom would always add a pinch of sugar to her pot of water when she was boiling corn on the cob. She said that it made the corn extra sweet and delicious. Today, I’m taking that methodology and modernizing it a bit, with the Instant Pot.
Using your pressure cooker to make corn on the cob is the easiest method. It’s hands free. Meaning there’s no babysitting the pot of water to ensure that it doesn’t boil over. Plus, you can cook as many ears of corn at one time as you can fit in your Instant Pot. The cook time will remain the same, regardless. Only cooking for two? Just add two ears of corn to your pot. Have a large crowd coming over? I can fit at least six ears of corn in my 6-quart Instant Pot.
How to Cook Corn on the Cob in the Instant Pot
- Remove the husks from the corn.
- Place a trivet in the Instant Pot and add 1 cup water.
- Seal the pot and cook on MANUAL high pressure for 3 minutes.
- When time is up, perform a quick pressure release.
How to Cook Frozen Corn in the Instant Pot
- You can cook frozen corn cobs in the Instant Pot. Simply increase the cook time from 3 minutes to 4 minutes.
When is Corn on the Cob in Season?
- Depending on the area you live in, you can generally find fresh corn on the cob available from May – November.
Tips for Making the Best Corn on the Cob:
- Remove the husks from your corn right before cooking to preserve flavor.
- Ensure the corn isn’t sitting in water. Use a trivet to lift the corn above the water level.
- Add a pinch of sugar to the water for extra sweetness.
- Don’t overcook it. 3 minutes is all it takes, regardless of how many ears you’re cooking.
Tools Used to Make Instant Pot Corn on the Cob:
How to Store Corn on the Cob
- Fresh corn on the cob is best stored in the refrigerator, with the husks on, until you’re ready to use it. The husks preserve flavor and freshness. If you’d like to husk ahead of time, store the corn in a ziploc bag and use in within 3 days.
What Goes With Corn on the Cob?
- Easy Roasted Chicken
- Homemade Shake N Bake Pork Chops
- Peruvian Grilled Chicken with Creamy Green Sauce
- Grilled Lamb Kebabs with Basil Tahini Sauce
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Charred Lemon Chimichurri
If you loved this Instant Pot Corn on the Cob I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
- 5-6 ears corn (husks removed)
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- Add trivet to the Instant Pot and add water and sugar.
- Place corn in the Instant Pot.
- Secure the lid and set the valve to sealing. Cook on MANUAL (High Pressurfor 3 minutes.
- When the time is up, quick release any remaining pressure and then remove the lid.
- Use tongs to carefully remove the hot ears of corn from the pot.
Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Bean Soup with Pesto
- Instant Pot Pork Carnitas
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- The BEST Instant Pot Chili
- Instant Pot Cabbage Roll Soup
- Instant Pot Chili Mac and Cheese