Wondering what sauces go well with chicken? I’ve got you covered with this handy guide of 25+ easy sauce recipes.
The BEST Sauces for Chicken
These are some of my favorite sauces to serve with chicken:
- Peruvian Green Sauce
- Lemon Butter Sauce
- Aji Amarillo
- White Wine Sauce
- Piccata Sauce
- And, let’s not forget about Chicken Marsala
I’ll usually pick one based on the type of chicken recipe that I’m preparing. For example, a juicy roasted chicken is delicious with a rich, creamy lemon butter sauce. Grilled chicken calls for some homemade BBQ sauce. And chicken tacos are amazing with chipotle crema.
Pick one of your favorites from the list below, add a couple chicken side dishes, and you’re guaranteed an amazing dinner!
Don’t forget about the best wine with chicken options too.
Sauces to Elevate Your Chicken Dinner
Favorite simple chicken recipes
- Oven Baked Chicken Breasts
- Baked Chicken Legs
- Easy Whole Roasted Chicken
- Sous Vide Chicken Breasts
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
What to serve with chicken
- Baked Potatoes in the Instant Pot
- Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic
- Glazed Carrots
- Roasted Miso Cauliflower
- Easy Arugula Salad
- MORE → 50+ of the best sides for chicken.
Also, be sure to check out the best wine pairings for chicken.
More sauce recipes
- Sauces for Chicken Wings
- Sauces for Chicken Nuggets
- Sauces for Roasted Chicken
- Sauces for Salmon
- Sauces for Steak
- Sauces for Prime Rib
- Sauces for Pulled Pork
- Sauces for Pork Chops
Did you make any of these chicken sauces?
Please leave a comment and rating below, if you loved this round up of sauces for chicken. Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
25+ BEST Sauces for Chicken
- Puree garlic, soy sauce, lime juice, oil, cumin, paprika, oregano and a pinch of black pepper in a blender.
- Put chicken in a large ziploc bag and add marinade. Place in refrigerator and allow to marinate for 8 to 24 hours.
- Combine all ingredients except the olive oil in a blender process until smooth. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in olive oil. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (around 350-degrees). Remove chicken from marinade and shake off any extra marinade. Place on the grill grates. Let chicken cook for 5-6 minutes with the grill cover closed to maintain the heat. Use tongs to flip the chicken thighs. Cook for an additional 5-6 minutes. Use a digital thermometer to make sure internal temperature reaches 165°F.
OR – In oven:
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees and place the chicken pieces in a 13×9 inch roasting pan. Add 1 cup water to the pan. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, then tent the pan with foil and cook for an additional 15 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked. (The internal temperature should reach 165°F.)