Chicken with Peanut Sauce is like chicken satay without all the work of skewering. Delicious grilled chicken is drizzled with a spicy Thai peanut sauce.
Chicken with Peanut Sauce
Summer is finally upon us and I’m ready to bring on the grilling recipes! It’s been so hot outside, and it’s been so much nicer to slide open the patio door and do some grilling outside rather than inside over a hot oven.
This Chicken with Peanut Sauce is one recipe that I’m super excited to share with you for the summer. Why?
- It’ll be on your dinner table in 30 minutes.
- The sauce is tangy, spicy and creamy and all you do is pop the ingredients into your blender & go.
- It pairs so well with my favorite summer wine – Rosé.
This recipe is very similar to grilled chicken satay except for one thing – no skewers. No need to dig in your drawer for those skewers that always seem to be buried at the back of the drawer. Instead, I’m taking chicken breasts and slicing them in half horizontally so that they soak in more of that yummy marinade and cook up quick and evenly.
I like serving the breasts whole, rather than on skewers, since I like to eat my grilled chicken with peanut sauce with a fork and knife, rather than gnawing on a stick. However, you can definitely prepare this recipe on skewers like grilled chicken satay if you prefer. That’s a great option if you’re in need of finger food or a party appetizer.
You can drizzle on the spicy Thai peanut sauce before serving, or you can serve it with the sauce on the side. You can even slice up the grilled chicken and serve it on greens like a salad, with the peanut satay sauce drizzled on top like a dressing.
And let’s talk about that sauce.
It’s deliciously tangy from the lime juice, a bit spicy with the addition of sriracha, and perfectly creamy and nutty with the addition of peanut butter.
Peanut Satay Sauce Ingredients:
- Peanut Butter
- Lime Juice
- Soy Sauce
- Fish Sauce
- Brown Sugar
How to Make Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce:
This peanut satay sauce could not be easier! Just add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor and process until smooth, adding more water if needed to thin out the sauce to your desired consistency.
What to Serve with Chicken with Peanut Sauce:
- Thai Cucumber Salad
- Vinegar Coleslaw
- Din Tai Fung Cucumber Salad
- Shishito Peppers
- Apple Slaw with Celery Root
- Instant Pot Rice
- Daikon Radish Salad
- Asian Cucumber Salad
- AND, check out these 35+ EASY Sides for BBQ Chicken.
More Asian Chicken Recipes:
- 20-Minute Sesame Chicken Noodles
- Slow Cooker Kung Pao Chicken
- Vietnamese Lemongrass Chicken
- 20-Minute Thai Chicken Salad
- Chicken Thai Larb Recipe
Wine with Chicken with Peanut Sauce:
- Riesling, Gewürztraminer: Look for a white wine with just a hint of sweetness to it. It’s a great way to tame down the heat in this dish.
- Rosé is another great match. It’s acidity, and light body will pair nicely with the peanut satay sauce. (Here are some great rosé wines under $10)
More Grilling Recipes:
- Grilled Mango Chicken
- Grilled Pineapple Margarita with Jalapeno
- Peruvian Grilled Chicken with Creamy Green Sauce
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Green Tahini Sauce
- Grilled Rack of Lamb with Pistachio Basil Pesto
If you loved this Chicken with Peanut Sauce I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Grilled Chicken with Peanut Sauce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped or grated)
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Fresh cilantro (chopped (for garnish))
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 Tablespoons avocado or canola oil
- 2 Tablespoons sriracha
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Heat grill to medium.
- Slice each chicken breast in half horizontally into 2 evenly thick halves.
- Whisk together garlic, lime juice, and olive oil in a large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add chicken and turn pieces to thoroughly coat. Let marinate 10 minutes, and up to 30 minutes, at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, make the peanut sauce.
- In a food processor or blender combine all ingredients and process until smooth, adding more water if needed to thin.
- Grill chicken until browned and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to a platter. Spoon peanut sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with cilantro, if desired. Offer remaining peanut sauce on the side.