Grilled Mango Chicken features a sweet and spicy mango lime marinade that caramelizes perfectly on a hot grill. It’s perfect for your summer BBQ.
Who’s ready to do some summertime grilling?
Why not try something different this year instead of your typical grilled hotdogs and hamburgers? How about something with a tropical twist? This Mango Chicken is sweet and spicy, saucy and tangy… It’s pretty much perfection and it needs to find its way onto your grill as soon as possible.
It’s also really, really simple. The sauce comes together in a snap with the help of your blender. Mango for sweetness, lime juice for some tang, a bit of fish sauce for some salty, umami goodness, brown sugar to help things caramelize, and Sriracha for some heat. Pour all that beautiful tangerine-colored marinade into a large Ziploc bag, add your chicken thighs, and let all those flavors soak in for at least 4 hours (overnight is even better).
When you’re ready to serve up your Mango Chicken, just pop the chicken thighs onto a grill prepared for medium heat. Let them get nice and golden brown on one side and then flip, spoon a bit more of that yummy sauce on top and grill until cooked through. The sauce will get concentrated and caramelized, coating the chicken perfectly. For garnish, I also like to grill up a lime as the chicken finishes cooking. When it’s done, you can squeeze all that citrusy, smoky lime juice over the Mango Chicken for a bit of extra flavor.
Is Mango Chicken Spicy?
- This Mango Chicken is not very spicy at all. However, if you’d like to cut down on the heat completely, simply leave out the Sriracha sauce.
What to Eat with Mango Chicken:
- Thai Cucumber Salad
- Hawaiian Slaw
- Blistered Shishito Peppers
- Instant Pot Rice & Ginger Vinaigrette
- Daikon Radish Salad
Wine Pairings for Mango Chicken:
- Gewürztraminer has flavors of stone fruit and citrus, making it perfect for pairing with this dish. Plus, its hint of sweetness tames down the hint of spicy heat.
- Sauvignon Blanc is another great wine pairing option. It’s bright citrus flavors and herbal notes pair well with the grilled lime and cilantro that finishes off this dish.
If you loved this Mango Chicken I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
- Grilled Pork Medallions with Mojo Sauce
- Peruvian Grilled Chicken with Creamy Green Sauce
- Grilled Lamb Kebabs with Basil Tahini Sauce
- Grilled Chicken with Peanut Sauce
- Grilled Pork Chops with White BBQ Sauce
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Charred Lemon Chimichurri
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Green Tahini Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs (boneless & skinless )
- 1 cup cubed mango (defrosted if frozen)
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice (from 2 limes)
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Fresh cilantro leaves (for serving)
- 1 lime (halved)
- Combine mango, lime juice, fish sauce, oil, brown sugar, Sriracha, garlic and salt in a blender; process until smooth. Transfer to a large Ziploc bag and add chicken. Massage to coat and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place on grill. Grill for about 10 minutes, then flip and spoon a bit more marinade on the top. Grill chicken for an additional 10 minutes, or until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees and its juices run clear.
- Add the remaining marinade to a small saucepan and combine with 1/4 cup water. Bring to a boil and allow to rapidly simmer for at least 5 minutes.
- While the chicken finishes cooking, place lime halves on the grill, cut sides down, and allow to get a good sear on them.
- Serve immediately, with cilantro, mango sauce and grilled lime on the side.