These Curried Chicken Breasts with maple syrup bake up deliciously fragrant in the oven. Serve them over a bowl of couscous or rice to soak up all those yummy flavors!
You’re going to LOVE this chicken dish.
It’s dressed up with a fall favorite flavor – maple.
Plus, it’s super easy to bake these Curried Chicken Breasts in the oven.
The night before you plan to make them, place them in a curry marinade that’s made with just 6 simple ingredients.
Curried Chicken Breasts Ingredients:
- Curry Powder
- Olive Oil
- Stone Ground Mustard
- Maple Syrup
- Cayenne Pepper
The overnight marinating time really helps the curry flavors to permeate the chicken. But, if you’re running short on time, you could also marinate them for as little as four hours.
Of course, the maple syrup you’re using matters in this recipe. If you’ve got some in your refrigerator, look at the label. If you see more than one ingredient, it’s not pure maple syrup. I’m using 100% pure maple syrup from Canada. This natural sweetener has an unmatched flavor that adds a beautiful depth and complexity to this dish. You’ll know the real maple difference when you taste it!
When you’re ready to eat, simply preheat your oven to 400-degrees.
Bake the chicken in the preheated oven, covered, for 20 minutes. Remove the cover, spoon some of the sauce over the chicken, and bake about 15-20 minutes longer, until cooked through (baking time will depend a little on how thick your chicken breasts are).
Before serving, be sure to drizzle even more of those curried pan drippings over the top of your chicken.
You’re not going to want to miss any of that flavor!
What to serve with Curried Chicken Breasts:
- Instant Pot Rice
- Instant Pot Quinoa
- Cherry Tomato Salad with Roasted Lemons
- Thai Cucumber Salad
- Asian Cucumber Salad with Toasted Rice Powder
- Click here for MORE side dishes to serve with chicken
More chicken recipes:
- Chicken Marsala with Mustard & Mascarpone
- Curry Chicken Skewers with Lime
- 30 Minute Easy Chicken Piccata
- Chicken Gyro Quinoa Bowl
- 30 Minute Easy Chicken Marsala
If you loved this Curried Chicken Breasts recipe, I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Wine pairings for curry chicken:
Curried Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 4 boneless (skinless chicken breasts)
- 3 Tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup stone ground mustard
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup from Canada
- 2 Tablespoons curry powder
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- In a medium bowl whisk together the butter, olive oil, dijon, maple syrup, curry, cayenne and a pinch of salt and pepper. Place chicken breasts in a 9×13 inch baking dish and pour the mixture over chicken. Cover with tin foil and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake the chicken in the preheated oven, covered, for 20 minutes. Remove the cover, spoon some of the sauce over the chicken, and bake about 15-20 minutes longer, until cooked through (baking time will depend a little on how thick your chicken breasts are). The internal temperature should register 165-degrees on a meat thermometer.
- Remove from oven, cover, and allow to rest 5 minutes, before serving. Drizzle some of the pan drippings over the top and serve topped with parsley.
I teamed up with Pure Maple from Canada to bring you this post. As always, all opinions are my own.