Curry Chicken Skewers with Lime are quick and easy to prepare on the grill. Deliciously fragrant and tangy, they’re perfect served alongside some rice and a simple salad.
These Curry Chicken Skewers with Lime make a great, quick weeknight meal that can be on your dinner table in less than 30 minutes. Is there anyone who doesn’t need more delicious and easy to prepare dishes in their arsenal? I know that I’m looking for as many as I can get right now – My life has been a bit crazy with work, blogging, travel and wedding planning. We’re less than four months away now… I cannot believe it. PS – I still haven’t booked a florist. But our wedding invites did just arrive in the mail today!
The steps to make these Curry Chicken Skewers are super simple. The night before you plan to make them, cut your chicken into pieces and stick them in the curry marinade that’s made with 5 simple ingredients.
Curry Chicken Skewer Marinade Ingredients
- Curry Powder
- Lime Juice
- Agave (or Honey)
The overnight marinade really helps the curry flavors to permeate the meat. But, if you’re running short on time, you could also marinate them for as little as four hours. Then, when you’re ready to eat, simply thread the marinated chicken onto skewers and grill them up. I like to serve these accompanied with a bowl of rice and a daikon radish salad.
But, let’s not forget the wine too. You may have noticed I never forget the wine…
To go with these tangy, warmly spiced Curry Chicken Skewers I chose a couple of wines that have a good bit of acidity and bright citrus flavors.
The first bottle that I chose was a Prosecco. Its aromas of lime, and juicy stone fruits had just the right hint of acidity to pair with these delicious curry chicken skewers.
And we can never forget the Rosé, right? It had hints of strawberries and lime, and it too had a slight bit of effervescence. With just a bit of sweetness, those berry flavors perfectly complemented the slight bit of heat in these curry chicken skewers too… It was hard to choose a favorite wine, so I had a couple glasses of each… Ooops.
Which wine do you think you’d gravitate more towards with these Curry Chicken Skewers? I’d love to hear in the comments below.
If you loved these Curry Chicken Skewers with Lime I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
- Grilled Rack of Lamb with Pistachio Basil Pesto
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Charred Lemon Chimichurri
- Grilled Swordfish with Tangy Rosé Wine Mayonnaise
- Mango Lime Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Pork Medallions with Mojo Sauce
Curry Chicken Skewers Recipe
Curry Chicken Skewers with Lime
- 1 pound chicken thighs (cut into ½-inch pieces)
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons agave or honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons curry powder
- 1 Tablespoon sriracha
- 2 limes (juiced)
- Green onions (for garnish)
- Lime wedges (for garnish)
- Combine all ingredients (except chicken) in a small bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Add chicken to a large ziploc bag and pour the marinade over the chicken.
- Let marinate for at least 4 hours (or overnight)
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Arrange chicken skewers in a single layer and cook, rotating occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes.
This recipe was originally published in June 2015. It was updated in August 2019 to add new photographs and content. The original recipe remains the same. Enjoy!
Wine Pairings for Curry Chicken Skewers with Lime:
- Prosecco with its bright effervescence and notes of citrus is a perfect match for these richly spiced chicken skewers that have a hint of lime.
- An off-dry Riesling will also pair nicely, as will a Gewurztraminer. The slight sweetness meets its match with the spiciness of the curry.
- Rosé is another great match. The berry flavors perfectly compliment Indian and spicy Thai dishes.