Curry Chicken Skewers with Lime are quick and easy to prepare on the grill. Deliciously fragrant and tangy, they’re perfect served alongside some rice and a simple salad.
Why You’ll Love Them
These Curry Chicken Skewers with Lime make a great, quick weeknight meal that can be on your dinner table in less than 30 minutes.
The steps to make these Curry Chicken Skewers are super simple. The night before you plan to make them, cut your chicken into pieces and stick them in the curry marinade that’s made with 5 simple ingredients.
Then, the next day, just pop them onto a hot grill for a few minutes. Pair them with one of the suggested sides below, and you’ve got a delicious meal!
Curried Chicken Skewer Ingredients
- Chicken Thighs – Or chicken breasts. Cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes.
- Curry Powder – Adds that great, fragrant flavor.
- Sriracha – For a bit of heat. Feel free to omit.
- Lime Juice – To add a great tang. Can also use lemon juice or a splash of vinegar.
- Oil – Helps keep the chicken from sticking to the grill.
- Agave – Or honey or brown sugar. To add a hint of sweetness and to help the chicken caramelize on the grill.
How to Make Them
- Make the Curry Marinade: Combine all ingredients (except chicken) in a small bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Marinate the Chicken: Add bite size pieces of chicken to a large ziploc bag and pour the marinade over the chicken. Let marinate for at least 4 hours (or overnight)
- Grill: Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Arrange chicken skewers in a single layer and cook, rotating occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes.
Tip: The overnight marinade really helps the curry flavors to permeate the meat. But, if you’re running short on time, you could also marinate them for as little as four hours. Then, when you’re ready to eat, simply thread the marinated chicken onto skewers and grill them up.
- For even more flavor, try adding in a little ginger, garlic, soy sauce, or lime zest.
- Try swapping out the chicken thighs for chicken breasts.
- Try serving them up with some cooling raita sauce, peanut sauce or Peruvian Aji Amarillo on the side.
What to Serve with Them
- Grilled Red Peppers
- Daikon Radish Salad
- Grilled Shishito Peppers
- Shirazi Salad
- Instant Pot Rice
- Or, check out these 35+ EASY Sides for BBQ Chicken!
- Prosecco with its bright effervescence and notes of citrus is a perfect match for these richly spiced chicken skewers that have a hint of lime.
- An off-dry Riesling will also pair nicely, as will a Gewurztraminer. The slight sweetness meets its match with the spiciness of the curry.
- Rosé is another great match. The berry flavors perfectly compliment Indian and spicy Thai dishes.
More Grilling Recipes
- Grilled Rack of Lamb with Pesto
- Grilled Pork Loin with Charred Lemon Chimichurri
- Mango Lime Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Pork Medallions with Mojo Sauce
- Lemon Chicken Skewers with Harissa Yogurt Sauce
Did you try these curry chicken kabobs?
If you loved these curried chicken skewers, I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a ⭐️star review⭐️! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Want to switch things up? Check out these 23+ sauces for kebabs.
Curry Chicken Skewers
- Combine all ingredients (except chicken) in a small bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Add chicken to a large ziploc bag and pour the marinade over the chicken.
- Let marinate for at least 4 hours (or overnight)
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Arrange chicken skewers in a single layer and cook, rotating occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes.
This curried chicken skewers recipe was originally published in 2015. It was updated in 2019 to add new photographs and again in 2023 to add new content. The original curry kebabs recipe remains the same. Enjoy!