This homemade Chick Fil A Sauce tastes just like the real thing! A cross between smoky barbecue sauce and creamy honey mustard creates the ideal dipping sauce for chicken tenders, chicken nuggets, fries, and all of your fast food favorites.
I think it’s safe to say there’s one fast food sauce that stands out among the rest: the famous Chick-Fil-A Sauce. This classic sauce is a blend of zesty BBQ sauce, mayonnaise, and sweet honey mustard.
I actually hadn’t tried it until a couple years ago. But one dip of my waffle fry into that yummy sauce and I was hooked!
It’s unquestionably the BEST dipping sauce for all things fried.
To make Chick-Fil-A Sauce at home, you’ll need 5 ingredients and less than 1 minute of your time to mix them. It’s seriously that simple. If you don’t have a Chick-Fil-A nearby, this copycat recipe is a great way to enjoy everyone’s favorite sweet, creamy, and tangy dipping sauce at home.
What is the famous Chick-Fil-A Sauce?
In the early 80s, a team member at the Fredericksburg, VA Chick-Fil-A location mixed barbeque and honey mustard. Thus, the fast-food franchise’s signature sauce was born.
This delicious condiment is one of the many dipping sauces Chick-Fil-A offers and has a distinct beloved flavor. This classic sauce is smooth and creamy with the perfect balance of warm, smoky, and tangy flavors.
What is Chick-Fil-A sauce made with?
The official Chick-Fil-A sauce ingredients list is lengthy, but this copycat has only 5 ingredients. You’ll need:
- Mayonnaise – To truly mimic the original, use real full-fat mayo.
- BBQ Sauce – It’s best to use a thick tomato-based BBQ sauce sweetened with molasses or brown sugar. Buy storebought Kansas City-style or Memphis-style BBQ sauce (like Sweet Baby Ray’s, Heinz, and Stubb’s) for the perfect blend of sweet and tangy, or make homemade BBQ sauce instead.
- Honey – The sweetness balances the sauce and enhances the deep golden color.
- Dijon mustard – Or use yellow mustard for a milder flavor.
- White vinegar – You can also use apple cider vinegar or lemon juice if you don’t have white vinegar.
How to make homemade Chick-Fil-A sauce
This DIY Chick-Fil-A sauce comes together in one simple step:
- Add the mayo, BBQ sauce, honey, Dijon mustard, and white vinegar to a small bowl, and stir to combine. That’s it!
Tips and tricks
- Add a drop of liquid smoke for smokier flavors. A tiny drop goes a long way, so don’t add too much.
- Leave the sauce in the fridge if you aren’t in a rush. 30 minutes is plenty of time for the flavors to wake up and taste even bolder and brighter.
- Make a double batch. This copycat sauce goes quickly, so you might as well make extras!
How long does Chick-Fil-A sauce stay fresh?
Store your homemade Chick-Fil-A sauce in a sealed jar or squeeze bottle in the refrigerator and it will stay fresh for up to 2 weeks. It does not freeze well.
The copycat sauce is delicious with waffle fries, chicken sandwiches, and chicken nuggets, but the serving options are practically endless. Serve a big bottle of it with:
- Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Tenders
- Cheesesteak Sandwiches
- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Air Fryer Fries
- Pretzel Bites
- Baked Buffalo Wings
- Hot Dogs
- Air Fried Zucchini Fries
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- Scrambled Eggs
- Fish Sticks
More homemade sauces and condiments
- Homemade BBQ Sauce
- In-N-Out Sauce
- Chipotle Crema Sauce
- Boom Boom Sauce
- Alabama White BBQ Sauce
- Homemade Buffalo Sauce
- Honey Mustard Sauce
- Bang Bang Sauce (Bonefish Grill Copycat)
- Homemade Ranch Dressing
More copycat recipes
- PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- Orange Julius Copycat Recipe
- Din Tai Fung Green Beans
- Mongolian Beef (PF Chang’s Copycat)
- Starbucks Bistro Box Copycat
- Cranberry Bliss Bars (Starbucks Copycat)
- Boston Market Meatloaf Copycat Recipe
- Din Tai Fung Cucumber Salad
- Instant Pot Egg Bites (Starbucks Copycat)
- Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana (Olive Garden Copycat)
Did you try this copycat sauce?
If you loved this copycat Chick-Fil-A Sauce recipe I would appreciate it so much if you would give it a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Chick-Fil-A Sauce Recipe
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine.
Watch the web story here.