This Boston Market Meatloaf (Copycat Recipe) tastes just like they make at Boston Market – It’s kicked up with a BBQ sauce and ketchup glaze that tastes so amazing!
This recipe was originally published in 2014. It was updated in 2020 to add new photographs. The original recipe remains the same. Enjoy!
Making dishes like this always makes me feel a little bit like I’m on an episode of Leave it to Beaver. But hey, classics are classics for a reason… They’re yummy! What are some of your favorite old-school comfort food recipes?
This version is a copycat of Boston Market’s famed meatloaf. It’s got a nice thick ribbon of a barbequey-ketchup running down the middle. It’s sliced into eight portions halfway through cooking, allowing for that sauce to penetrate each slice. It also helps to make sure that the loaf cooks uniformly. Of course the end pieces are always my favorite! Those usually get eaten first, and the rest saved for leftovers.
If you loved this Boston Market Meatloaf recipe I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished cookies and share it with me onInstagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Wine Pairings for Meatloaf:
- Try a red that’s robust but not too tannic. A Zinfandel or Merlot would pair perfectly.
Tips for Making Boston Market Meatloaf:
- Don’t overwork the meat mixture, this will make your meatloaf tough.
- A meatloaf pan ($10) is a handy little gadget that you may not own yet. They’re great because the perforations allow for the fat to drain while it’s baking. Plus, it’s got a nifty lift out tray that makes removing the loaf from the pan so simple!
- To complete the upscale TV dinner experience, serve dinner on these fun trays !!! Oh hi retro night!
- PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps Recipe (Copycat)
- Cranberry Bliss Bars (Starbucks Copycat)
- Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana (Olive Garden Copycat)
- Easy Mongolian Beef Recipe (PF Chang’s Copycat)
- 3 Healthy Protein Boxes (Starbucks Copycat)
What to Serve with Boston Market Meatloaf:
- Mashed Potatoes
- Green Beans
- Smashed Potatoes
- Green Peas
- Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
- Mashed Cauliflower
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
Boston Market Meatloaf Recipe
Boston Market Meatloaf (Copycat Recipe)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 Tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine tomato sauce, barbecue sauce and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat until bubbling, stirring constantly, and remove from heat.
- Add all but 2 Tablespoons of this mixture to the ground beef in a large mixing bowl, along with the flour, salt, onion powder, garlic powder and ground pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Place mixture in a loaf pan. Wrap tightly with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- Using a spatula to hold the meatloaf in the pan, drain the fat.
- While still in the pan, slice the meatloaf into 8 slices. Pour remaining sauce over the top of the meatloaf, in a stream down the center.
- Return the sliced meatloaf to the oven, and bake uncovered for an additional 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.