This PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps copycat recipe is so good! Ground chicken is wrapped in cooling lettuce cups and topped with a special customizable dipping sauce.
I’ve tried several copycat recipes for these lettuce wraps in the past, but they didn’t quite do it for me. They were either too sweet, bland or didn’t have the right texture. But guys, I’ve hit the nail on the head with this one!!! Seriously… DEAD RINGER!
I even put together a recipe for the PF Changs Lettuce Wraps dipping sauce for you. The first night I made these, Rick told me that this was his FAVORITE recipe that I’ve ever made for him. That’s saying a lot – As I’ve been cooking him dinner (and making him wash the dishes) for over three years now! We’re a good pair that way.
Sooo… Have I convinced you yet?
Make that shopping list right now and run to the store. If you need more convincing, these take under 30 minutes start to finish!
What’s in PF Chang’s lettuce wraps?
- Ground Chicken
- Soy Sauce (or try swapping in some kecap manis)
- Oyster Sauce
- Rice Vinegar
- Vegetable Oil
- Water Chestnuts
- Shitake Mushrooms
- Green Onion
- Iceberg Lettuce
How to make them
- Prepare the marinade.
- Mix ground chicken, mushrooms, water chestnuts and garlic with marinade. Let sit 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and sautee until fully cooked.
- Serve with lettuce cups and special sauce.
PF Chang’s lettuce wraps sauce ingredients
- Soy Sauce
- Rice Vinegar
- Chile Garlic Sauce
- Hot Mustard Paste
- Chili Oil
- Green Onions
Combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, chili oil and green onions. For a mild sauce add 1 teaspoon of chili garlic sauce. For a medium sauce add 1/2 teaspoon of hot mustard plus 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce. For a hot sauce and 1 teaspoon of hot mustard plus 3 teaspoons of chili garlic sauce.
What kind of lettuce do you use for lettuce wraps?
- I’ve used butter lettuce, little gem lettuce, romaine leaves and iceberg lettuce for these wraps. They all work great, so you can use whatever you have on hand or whatever you prefer. At PF Changs they use iceberg lettuce. In these photos, I used butter lettuce.
How to cut iceberg lettuce for lettuce wraps
- After years of making lettuce wraps, I finally learned how to cut iceberg lettuce so that you get full cups, and not little broken pieces. Instead of standing the lettuce up so the core is on the cutting board, lay it down. Then slice through the lettuce, perpendicular to the core.
- Then, pull the lettuce cups off the outside of this slice. Mind blown!
What to serve with them
- Rice or Sticky Rice
- Kung Pao Noodles
- Papaya Salad
- Garlic Green Beans
- Thai Cucumber Salad
- More → 35+ Sides for Lettuce Wraps
- Sauvignon Blanc or Dry Riesling make excellent companions to this spicy dish.
- A Dry Rosé is another great option.
More lettuce wrap recipes
- Taco Quinoa & Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Taco Lettuce Wraps
- Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Chicken Larb Recipe (Larb Gai)
More copycat recipes
- Cranberry Bliss Bars (Starbucks copycat recipe)
- Din Tai Fung Green Beans
- Din Tai Fung Cucumber Salad
- Boston Market Meatloaf (Copycat Recipe)
- Shake and Bake Pork Chops
- Orange Julius Copycat
- Sous Vide Egg Bites (Starbucks copycat recipe)
- Bistro Boxes (Starbucks copycat recipe)
More healthy recipes
Did you try this PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps Dipping Sauce?
If you loved this lettuce wrap dipping sauce I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps + Dipping Sauce Recipe
- 1 green onion (thinly sliced, for garnish)
- Lettuce cups (for serving)
- Prepare the marinade by mixing all of the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Mix the ground chicken meat, water chestnuts, chopped mushrooms and garlic with all the Marinade ingredients. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, chili oil and green onions. For a mild sauce add 1 teaspoon of chili garlic sauce. For a medium sauce add 1/2 teaspoon of hot mustard plus 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce. For a hot sauce and 1 teaspoon of hot mustard plus 3 teaspoons of chili garlic sauce. Stir well. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or saute pan over high heat. Once hot, add the chicken. Stir-fry the chicken, breaking it up with a spoon until cooked through.
- Spoon the chicken into lettuce cups and serve with the sauce on the side. Enjoy!
This PF Changs Lettuce Wraps dipping sauce recipe was originally published in 2015. It was in 2023 to add new content and photographs. The original recipe remains the same. Enjoy!