This chicken mascarpone recipe is like your favorite chicken marsala, but it adds in dijon mustard & creamy mascarpone cheese. It’s a rich dish that’s easy to prepare but totally impressive.
Note: This recipe is adapted from a recipe created by Giada De Laurentiis, and it’s absolutely delicious!
This creamy chicken marsala recipe features tangy dijon mustard, creamy mascarpone cheese and earthy mushrooms. I love to serve it up over some fettuccini so that I can soak up every last bit of that yummy sauce.
- Chicken Breasts
- Olive Oil
- Cremini Mushrooms – or white muhrooms
- Marsala Wine
- Mascarpone Cheese – or cream cheese
- Dijon Mustard
- Italian Parsley
- Salt + Pepper
- Fettuccine – for serving
How to make it
- Brown the chicken.
- Melt butter and add onion. Saute until translucent.
- Add mushrooms and garlic.
- Add marsala and simmer to reduce by half.
- Stir in mascarpone and mustard.
- Return chicken to skillet and heat through.
- Season with parsley, salt, pepper.
What to serve with it
- Sauteed Spinach
- Arugula Salad
- Radicchio Salad
- Fennel & Celery Salad
- Instant Pot Steamed Artichokes
- More → 25+ best side dishes for Chicken Marsala
Pairing this dish with Chardonnay was a winner! The creamy sauce played nicely with the fresh, crisp flavors of the chardonnay and the wine had just enough body to stand up to the rich chicken marsala.
However, it’s a toss up as to whether I favored the pairing of the Chardonnay or Merlot. The merlot had an earthiness to it that went really well with the mushrooms and its silkiness was echoed by the chicken marsala sauce.
Click here for MORE wine pairings for chicken marsala.
- Chicken Piccata
- Creamy Mushroom Chicken
- Thai Beef Stir Fry with Basil & Chiles
- Shrimp Piccata
- Pork Piccata
- Tomato Bisque Soup
- Zucchini Pizza Boats
Did you try this mascarpone chicken?
If you loved this chicken with mascarpone I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a ⭐️star review⭐️! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Chicken Mascarpone (Creamy Chicken Marsala)
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into strips)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespooons butter
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup dry Marsala wine
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley (for garnish)
- 12 ounces dried fettuccine
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned, about 4 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate and tent with foil.
- To the same skillet, add 2 tablespoons butter and reduce the heat to medium-high. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic and saute until the mushrooms become tender and their juices evaporate, about 12 minutes. Add the marsala and simmer until reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Stir in the mascarpone and mustard. Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the skillet. Simmer, uncovered, over medium-low heat until the chicken is just cooked through and the sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Season the sauce, to taste, with salt and pepper and stir in the parsley.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the fettuccine and cook until al dente, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Drain. Serve the chicken and sauce over the prepared fettuccine and enjoy.
Watch the web story here.