Instant Pot Chickpeas couldn’t be easier. This simple & quick method for cooking dried garbanzo beans in the pressure cooker (without presoaking) requires less than an hour. Plus, they taste so much better than canned!
How to Cook Chickpeas in the Instant Pot
1. Add chickpeas and salt to the pot. Cover with water (or stock for even more flavor) by 1-inch.
2. Seal and cook for 40 minutes.
3. Allow the pressure to release naturally for 20 minutes before releasing any remaining pressure.
How to Store Chickpeas
– Refrigerator: Store cooked chickpeas in a sealed container with a bit of their cooking liquid. They will keep for up to four days.
– Freezer: Store flat in ziploc bags for up to six months.