A big bowl of Cheeseburger Soup has everything you love about a classic hamburger! It’s the perfect meal during winter or when it’s too cold to grill actual cheeseburgers. It’s a fun and flexible soup recipe that’s sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
sesame seed hamburger buns
lean ground beef
onion & garlic
carrot & celery
bone broth (or chicken stock)
all purpose flour
sharp cheddar cheese
salt and pepper
1. Toast the burger bun croutons until they’re golden brown.
2. Brown the ground beef in a large pot. Drain the fat and set aside.
3. Saute the onion, garlic, carrots, and celery with Italian seasonings. When they’re soft, pour in the broth, potatoes, and browned beef. Simmer everything together.
4. Add a roux to the soup and cook until it thickens.
5. Lower the heat and add the cheese & milk.
6. Serve & top with the croutons, pickles, and tomatoes. Enjoy!