Healthy and delicious, red cabbage has long been a favorite ingredient of cooks. Whether you’re looking to create mouth-watering side dishes or unforgettable main dishes, red cabbage is an incredibly versatile and satisfying ingredient. Here’s a look at some of the most flavorful red cabbage recipes that are sure to tantalize your taste buds.
Red cabbage is a flavorful, versatile ingredient with near-limitless possibilities. Its deep, beautiful color and sweet flavor make it an ideal choice for making a wide variety of dishes. It can be shredded and eaten raw, or roasted (those crispy edges are the best! 😍), or, add it to your favorite noodle dish.
Try one of these delicious recipes and enjoy a nutritious meal that’s sure to satisfy your cravings.
The BEST Red Cabbage Recipes
How to Make Ahead and Store
Many of these red cabbage recipes can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for a few days or even in the freezer. Simply check the individual recipes for full storing instructions and details on how to make ahead.
More Vegetable Recipes
- Arugula Recipes
- Carrot Recipes
- Daikon Radish Recipes
- Brussel Sprout Recipes
- Broccoli Recipes
- Celery Recipes
- Kale Recipes
- Zucchini Recipes
- Potato Recipes
Did you Make Any of These Recipes?
Please leave a comment and rating below, if you loved this round up of recipes using red cabbage. Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
20+ BEST Red Cabbage Recipes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots (minced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 5 cups red cabbage (coarsely chopped, about ½ head)
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 large russet potato (peeled and cubed)
- 1 medium apple (peeled and cubed)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Chopped fresh dill
- Sour cream
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add the shallots and saute 2-3 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds longer, until fragrant.
- Add the cabbage, stock, potatoes, apple, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce, vinegar, and paprika.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and using a blender or an immersion blender, process the soup until smooth. Stir in the heavy cream and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Garnish with sour cream and fresh dill, if desired. Enjoy!