Blondies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting taste like a cross between carrot cake and blondies – They’re simply delicious!
When Bob’s Red Mill asked me to create a fun new recipe using their organic unbleached flour, I started racking my brain… I’d been making a blondie recipe for years now – Chewy, buttery bars with perfectly crisp edges and those extra gooey pieces in the middle of the pan. My favorite way to eat them has always been warm out of the oven with a scoop of ice cream on top… Until now.
I scandalously topped them with frosting… It’s commonplace to see brownies with frosting. But never blondies… Why? Let’s change that!
But, this isn’t just any frosting… This is cream cheese frosting with a bit of cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla thrown in. If there were a cross between a blondie and carrot cake – this would be it. Perfect deliciousness… Chewy blondies with those decadent carrot cake spices and whipped cream cheese frosting.
So, pretty much we’re taking all the “nutrition” out of carrot cake – I’m just borrowing the best part – The frosting! I solemnly vow to eat a handful of baby carrots as my penance snack for the day after indulging in these yummy treats. I will hereby eat 10 baby carrots for each of these blondies with cinnamon cream cheese frosting that I inhale.
To further justify my inhalation of these treats – I’m going organic… Using my favorite Bob’s Red Mill Organic Unbleached White Flour, which is produced locally, and freshly milled from organic hard red wheat as the base for my blondies. It’s not enriched with any additives and is the same high protein flour used by professional bakers. Basically, these blondies with cinnamon cream cheese frosting are health food… 😉
Now that spring is just around the corner, I can totally see this as being a perfect sweet treat for Easter or Mother’s Day but I’d pretty much eat them every day… Along with those 10 baby carrots…
If you loved this Blondie recipe I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Blondies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1½ cups Bob's Red Mill Organic Unbleached White Flour 7½ ounces
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups packed light brown sugar 10½ ounces
- 12 Tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Adjust oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 13- by 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray or grease with butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
In a second medium bowl, whisk the softened butter and brown sugar together until combined. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Using a rubber spatula, fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with a rubber spatula.
- Bake until the top is shiny and cracked and feels firm to the touch, for 22 to 25 minutes.
- Place the pan on a rack and let cool completely (about an hour).
- Beat softened butter and cream cheese until well blended.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Beat until creamy.
- Frost blondies and cut into 1 ½ by 2-inch bars. Serve.
Looking for more delicious dessert recipes? Be sure to try these too:
- Strawberry Ricotta Cake
- Apple Galette with Cardamom
- Creme Brulee with Cardamom Roasted Blackberries
- Rose Apple Tartlets with Salted Caramel
- Butterscotch Bourbon Budino with Salted Caramel
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Bob’s Red Mill.