These Linzer Cookies with Strawberry Jam are a delightful, sweet treat that’s perfect for holidays like Christmas and Valentine’s Day!
It’s Christmastime! This weekend I took time to do all things holiday related. I did my gift shopping, decorated the house, turned on Christmas music and baked some cookies.
Fortunately enough, we had a huge windstorm here this past week and the three huge pine trees in our backyard dropped so many branches that I don’t even think we need to buy a tree this year! Some of the branches were taller than me – But lucky for us, none hit the house and did any serious damage! I gathered up all those branches, found some big red ceramic urns and used them as huge vases for those lovely greens. Wrap around some white Christmas lights and I think we’re good to go! Surprising thought, even though as fresh as those branches are, they don’t really bring a smell of pine to the house like a big tree would. I may have to cheat and pick up a pine scented candle or two as well 😉
Sammie (my SPOILED dog – seen here) goes to a great doggy daycare twice a week. She wanted me to bake a batch of cookies to bring to her people friends at daycare to wish them Happy Holidays! So, we put these together – Buttery shortbread layered together with a spread of sweet jam. These kind of remind me of the Pepperidge Farms Linzer cookies that come in those little white bags, only these are MUCH better if I do say so myself! Make a batch and share them with the people you (or your dog) love!!!
Linzer Jam Cookies Recipe
Linzer Cookies with Strawberry Jam
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together the butter, sugar and vanilla until just combined.
- Add the flour, water and salt and mix on low speed until the dough comes together in a mass.
- Dump the dough out onto your work surface and shape into a flat disk. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough out to a uniform 1/4 inch thickness and, using a cookie cutter, cut rounds (or hearts). Using a smaller cookie cutter, make holes in the middle of half of your rounds.
- Place cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet and chill for an additional 15 minutes prior to baking.
- Bake the cookies for 20 - 25 minutes, until the edges begin to brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool to room temperature.
- Dust the cut out cookies with confectioners' sugar and spread strawberry jam on each solid cookie.
- Sandwich your cookies together.
If you loved these Linzer Jam Cookies I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished cookies and share it with me onInstagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Tips for Linzer Cookies with Strawberry Jam: