This Spicy Charcuterie Board is a fun twist on your traditional cheese board. This spicy spread features habanero cheddar cheese, bacon cheddar cheese, pepperoni sticks, snack mix, pretzels and nuts. It’s perfect for game day!
Grazing boards are one of my favorite things to throw together for a party. They’re easy to throw together and all the work can be done ahead of time. But the best part is that they can become the centerpiece of your party.
It’s easy to create this spread at home by grabbing up a few key ingredients from your local market and following these three simple steps.
How to Assemble a Charcuterie Board
Step 1: Choose your board
Step 2: Choose your cheeses
My method of attack is to choose two or three cheeses of varying types. For this spicy cheese board, I went with a few of my favorite cheese from Cabot:
Step 3: Add your accompaniments
- Crackers or Bread. I love to serve up my cheeses with some whole wheat crackers or crostini. Or, try adding on some hot cheetos!
- Snack Mix. Seasoned snack mix that’s perfect for nibbling.
- Pretzels. Twists or rods work. You could even make these soft pretzel bites.
- Meats. I used a couple different types of salami and pepperoni sticks. Prosciutto and ham would also work.
- Olives, Pickles, Hot Peppers. Head to the olive bar at your local market and take your pick – Cherry peppers, Castelvetrano olives, pickle slices, pickled jalapenos.
- Nuts. Almonds, walnuts, cashews.
- Sauces. I served my charcuterie board with hot sauce and whole grain mustard. Some remoulade sauce would also be delicious.
More Cheese Board Ideas
Did you try this spicy charcuterie board?
If you loved this game day charcuterie board, I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a ⭐️star review⭐️! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Spicy Charcuterie Board
- Spicy Habanero Cheddar
- Bacon Cheddar Cheese
- Aged Cheddar Cheese
- Spicy Chex Mix
- Pickled Jalapenos
- Spicy Beef Sticks
- Spicy Mustard
- Spicy Almonds
- Put veggies and dips in small bowls and arrange around your board.
- Arranged folded salami on wooden skewers and place around your board.
- Place the sliced cheeses in clusters around your board.
- Fill in any open spots of the board with nuts, pretzels, crackers, meat sticks, etc.
This post was originally published in 2020. It was updated in 2023.