This Vanilla Bean & Fig Cocktail is made with vodka and a vanilla bean & fig simple syrup. Combining it with soda water gives a nice fizz and ties this beautiful drink together.
I’ve got a beauty of a cocktail for you today guys.
This Vanilla Bean & Fig Cocktail is the perfect cozy cocktail for fall. It’s got flecks of vanilla bean, a simple syrup made with yummy and sweet figs, and a splash of soda water to give it a bit of fizz.
To sum it up – it’s perfection in a glass.
This cocktail is super easy to make and perfect if you’re hosting a party as all of the work can be done ahead of time.
The work is in making the simple syrup. It’s actually super “simple” but you need to account in the time for the syrup to cool before adding it to your cocktails.
What is Simple Syrup?
- Simple syrup is a solution of sugar in water. You heat the water and sugar together, so that the sugar dissolves and isn’t grainy. This way the mixture will combine nicely into your cocktail, and the sugar won’t just fall to the bottom of your glass.
How Do You Make Simple Syrup?
- To make simple syrup all you need to do is heat equal parts water and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring it to a boil over medium-high heat and then let it simmer for about 5 minutes until the mixture becomes clear and the sugar has dissolved.
In this fig cocktail recipe, I infused my simple syrup with vanilla and fig. All you need to do is add some chopped up figs and a vanilla bean to the sugar-water mixture. All those yummy flavors will infuse into the syrup and then we’ll strain it out at the end, leaving us with the most gorgeous, pink-colored fig syrup.
How Do You Store Simple Syrup?
- Simple syrup will keep in the refrigerator for up to one week. Store it in a tightly sealed container.
This recipe will make enough fig & vanilla bean simple syrup for 10-12 cocktails. If you have extra on your hands, it’s also amazing drizzled over waffles, stirred into iced tea, or combined with prosecco for a festive brunch cocktail.
- Paloma Cocktail with Honey Simple Syrup
- Blackberry Moscow Mule with Elderflower
- Harvest Moon Applejack Cocktail
- Grapefruit Aperol Sparkling Cocktails
If you loved this Vanilla Bean & Fig Cocktail I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished cocktail and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Vanilla Bean & Fig Cocktail
Fig & Vanilla Bean Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup chopped figs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 vanilla bean (cut in half lengthwise and seeds scraped)
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce Fig + Vanilla Bean Simple Syrup (recipe above)
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2-4 ounces soda water
- Fresh figs (for garnish)
- Thyme sprigs (for garnish)
Fig & Vanilla Bean Simple Syrup:
- Add all the ingredients to a small saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 5-7 minutes or until figs break down. Let the mixture sit while it cools (about 30 minutes), then strain using a fine mesh strainer.
- Add fig vodka, simple syrup and lemon juice to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously and then pour into ice filled cocktail glasses. Top with soda water. Garnish with sliced figs and thyme sprigs and serve immediately.