This Cranberry Bellini is a festive sparkling cocktail that’s perfect for brunch or holiday parties.
This post was originally published in 2017. It was updated in 2022 to add new information. The recipe remains the same. Enjoy!
In T-minus ten days it’s Christmas!
Time to wrap those last minute gifts, stuff the stockings, and arm yourself with an amazing cocktail for the holiday season.
These Cranberry Ginger Bellinis are sparkling, festive and perfect to serve at your holiday brunch, as aperitif before Christmas dinner, or for new year’s eve.
The best part about these cocktails is that all the work can be done ahead of time, before your guests arrive. Just prepare the cranberry-ginger simple syrup and pop it in the refrigerator.
The cranberry simple syrup is very easy to make! You’ll just need to set aside enough time for it to cool before you plan on serving the cocktails.
You can even do this up to a week ahead of time!
🛒 Ingredients needed
You only need five simple ingredients to make these cranberry bellinis:
- Prosecco – No need for expensive French Champagne here! Go for Prosecco, an Italian sparking wine that’s light, bubbly and festive!
- Sugar – This will be used to make the simple syrup.
- Cranberries – I use the fresh bagged cranberries that you can find in the produce section.
- Ginger – This spices up the simple syrup a bit. However, if you’re not a fan of ginger, feel free to leave it out.
- Rosemary – To garnish.
📋 How to make cranberry simple syrup
- The cranberry-ginger simple syrup is just that: simple. To make it, mix equal parts water and sugar, heat and stir until the sugar dissolves, throw in some cranberries and sliced up ginger, and let it steep away for about 15 minutes. Afterwards, just strain the syrup, and let it chill.
- Get it nice and cold before serving. No one likes a warm cocktail.
- Once the process is complete you’ll have the most beautiful, bright red, flavorful syrup.
🥂 How to make this cranberry bellini
- Pour some of the simple syrup into a champagne flute. You can make your cocktails as flavored as you’d like by adding just a little, or a lot of the syrup.
- Top with sparkling wine. Here are some great budget-friendly sparkling wines.
- If you’d like to get extra fancy, garnish with some fresh rosemary and cranberries.
Pro Tip: If you freeze the cranberries ahead, they’ll even do double duty to keep your cocktails cold.
Mocktail Variation: If you have some non-drinkers in the group, this syrup is also fantastic added to some sparkling water and served over ice.
If you can’t find fresh cranberries, you can also make this cocktail using plain simple syrup and a splash of unsweetened 100% pure cranberry juice.
Any way you serve them, these Cranberry Bellinis are guaranteed to get you in the Christmas spirit.
ℹ️ What’s the Difference Between a Bellini and a Mimosa?
Typically bellinis are made with peach puree and sparkling wine. Mimosas are made with orange juice and sparkling wine. So, while this isn’t a typical bellini or mimosa, you could label it as a cranberry bellini OR cranberry mimosa.
Do you have a favorite cocktail that you like to enjoy to celebrate the holidays? I’d love to hear in the comments below!
🍾 More Sparkling Cocktail Recipes
- Grapefruit Aperol Sparkling Cocktails
- French 75 Champagne Cocktail
- Sparkling Ginger Pear Cocktails
- Blackberry Bellini with Fresh Ginger
✔️ More Cranberry Cocktail Recipes
- Cranberry Bourbon Smash
- Cranberry Aperol Spritz
- Seabreeze Cocktail
- Cosmopolitan Cocktail Recipe
- Christmas Punch Recipe
Did you try this cranberry bellini?
If you loved this cranberry bellini I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
For more great Platings and Pairings recipes, be sure to follow me on Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest and Facebook.
Cranberry Bellini Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 2- inch piece of ginger (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 750 ml bottle Prosecco
- Fresh rosemary (for garnish)
- In a medium saucepan stir together water, sugar, cranberries and ginger. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and let mixture simmer until sugar completely dissolves. Take care because cranberries will pop. Remove from heat, cover, and let steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain ginger and cranberries from syrup mixture and let cool completely.
- Assemble the bellinis by adding the sparkling wine to a champagne flute, filing halfway, top off with the cranberry-ginger simple syrup. Garnish with fresh rosemary, if desired.
9 thoughts on “Easy Cranberry Bellini Recipe”
What pretty presentation! Rosemary, cranberry, and ginger–super duper festive combination!!
Thanks – I definitely think it represents the Christmas season well!
Wow. It looks so delicious. Thanks for the recipe! I’ll definitely make this for my friends 🙂
You are so welcome Alice – Enjoy!
Do you want the cranberries to pop….or do you want to remove from heat before they pop?
Hi Cassie – I let my cranberries pop – That gave it the nice red color. Careful though, you may want to cover the pan slightly…