This Blackberry Bellini with Fresh Ginger is a festive sparkling cocktail that’s perfect for brunch or holiday parties.
New Years is right around the corner. Time to arm yourself with a festive cocktail for the occasion. These Blackberry Bellinis are sparkling, festive and perfect to serve as you toast to the clock striking midnight…. Or, if you’re like me and you only make it to the clock striking 10:15PM, you can also serve these Blackberry Bellini cocktails at brunch the next morning…
The best part about these bellinis is that all the work can be done ahead of time, before your guests arrive. The blackberry-ginger simple syrup is just that – simple. Mix equal parts water and sugar in a small sauce pot, throw in a handful of blackberries and some sliced up ginger, heat and stir until the sugar dissolves. Then, remove it from the heat, cover the pot and let it steep away for about 15 minutes. Afterwards, just strain the syrup, and let it chill. You can do this up to a week ahead of time, but if you’re making it the day of, just be sure to give yourself plenty of time so that you can get a good chill on the syrup before you plan to serve your cocktails.
How to Make Blackberry Bellinis
The assembly process is easy! Just add your blackberry-ginger simple syrup to a champagne flute and top it off with some sparkling wine.
You can make your cocktails as flavored as you’d like by adding just a little, or a lot of the syrup. I usually add in about a tablespoon. Plus, if you have some non-drinkers in the group, this syrup is also fantastic added to some sparkling water and served over ice. I like to garnish with a fresh blackberry and a sprig of thyme. However, you could also serve these blackberry ginger bellinis with a frozen blackberry – doing double duty to look pretty and keep your cocktails cold.
These Blackberry Ginger Bellinis are guaranteed to be a hit at your next party and can turn any occasion, even a gloomy Monday, into a festive occasion.
Blackberry Bellini Recipe
Blackberry Ginger Bellini
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup blackberries (plus more for garnishing)
- 1 1-inch piece ginger (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 750 ml bottle prosecco
- Fresh thyme (for garnish)
- In a medium saucepan stir together water, sugar, blackberries and ginger. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and let mixture simmer until sugar completely dissolves. Remove from heat, cover, and let steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain blackberries and ginger from syrup mixture and let cool completely.
- Assemble the bellinis by adding the sparkling wine to a champagne flute, filing halfway, top off with the blackberry-ginger simple syrup. Garnish with fresh blackberries and thyme sprigs, if desired.
Sparkling Cocktail Recipes: