Learn how to make the perfect Aperol Spritz cocktail with just three ingredients – Prosecco, aperol and soda water. This low-alcohol cocktail (or aperitivo) is perfect for happy hour.
The Aperol Spritz is a popular cocktail in Northern Italy. It’s also known as an apertivo and is traditionally enjoyed before dinner. It’s a low-alcohol cocktail which makes it perfect for leisurely afternoons on the patio.
When we visited Northern Italy a couple summers ago, we definitely enjoyed one or two spritz cocktails each afternoon that we were there. And now, the have I have a huge fondness in my heart for them.
I’ve seen the Aperol Spritz garnished with a slice of orange and a green olive, but for my at-home version, I simply garnished with an orange wedge. This is one of the most simple cocktail recipes out there too. There are only three ingredients and no measuring needed. Just add some prosecco to your glass, top with aperol and then add a splash of soda water.
You can serve your cocktails up in wine glasses or rocks glasses, just make sure you have plenty of ice!
Need some inspiration for setting the perfect scene? Invite some friends over, welcome them with a big tray of these delicious cocktails, and host an at-home pizza party. Easiest entertaining ever…
What is aperol?
- Bright orange in color, aperol has notes of both bitter and sweet oranges and many other herbs, including rhubarb. Aperol is light and refreshing, and low in alcohol (11%).
Aperol Spritz Ingredients
You only need three ingredients to make the perfect aperol spritz:
- Prosecco – No need for expensive French Champagne here! Go for Prosecco – An Italian sparking wine that’s light, bubbly and festive!
- Aperol – Find it in the liquor store.
- Soda Water
How to Make Aperol Spritz
- Fill a glass with ice, add the aperol, prosecco and top off with the soda water. Garnish with an orange if desired.
Learn how to make the perfect Aperol Spritz cocktail with just three ingredients - Prosecco, aperol and soda water. This low-alcohol cocktaill (or aperitivo) is perfect for happy hour.
- 3 ounces Prosecco or any sparkling wine
- 1 ounce Aperol
- Splash of soda water sparkling water, or club soda
- Garnish of orange
- Pour the sparkling wine into a glass of ice cubes. Add the Aperol and a splash of sparkling water. Garnish with an orange slice. Enjoy!
Aperol Spritz Calories
- There are 117 calories in one aperol spritz cocktail.
If you loved this Aperol Spritz recipe I would appreciate it so much if you would give it a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished cocktail and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings.