This easy Olive Tapenade recipe comes together in just 10 minutes in your food processor or blender. It’s amazing as an appetizer, served as part of a charcuterie board, or used as a sandwich spread.
Olive Tapenade is salty, tangy, garlicky. Basically all things amazing. But the best part is that you can make this tapenade in just 10 minutes with the help of your food processor or blender. Plus, it’ll keep in the fridge for up to two weeks, meaning that you can make it way ahead of time. It’s perfect to keep on hand to use as a spread for sandwiches throughout the week.
Olive Tapenade Ingredients
- Mixed Olives
- Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Lemon Juice
- Olive Oil
How to Make Olive Tapenade
- Simply add all ingredients to a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
How Long Does Olive Tapenade Last?
- Tapenade will last up to two weeks in the refrigerator stored in a tightly sealed container.
Can you Freeze Tapenade?
- Yes! You can freeze tapenade for up to three months.
Is Tapenade Keto?
- Tapenade is keto-friendly.
Is Olive Tapenade Vegan
- As written this tapenade recipe is not vegan because it includes anchovies. However, you can change that!
How to Make Tapenade Without Anchovies
- To make this vegan olive tapenade, simply leave out the anchovy. After processing you may find that your tapenade needs a bit more salt, so simply adjust that to taste with some kosher salt.
How to Use Olive Tapenade:
- I love it served on crostini with goat cheese.
- Include the tapenade on a charcuterie or cheese board.
- Swirl it into hummus.
- Combine it with a bit more oil and vinegar to make a yummy salad dressing.
- Spread on sandwiches.
- Add a dollop to some sliced roasted chicken or pork tenderloin.
Wine Pairings for Olive Tapenade:
- Look for a red with a bit of tannins to stand up to this salty spread. Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Merlot are all great pairings.
If you loved this Tapenade recipe I would appreciate it so much if you would give it a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
- Steak Bites with Garlic Butter & Mustard Dipping Sauce
- Burrata Recipe with Sweet Pea Puree & Arugula
- Blistered Shishito Peppers Recipe // Quick & Easy
- Prosciutto Wrapped Avocado Bites
- Mexican Meatballs (Albondigas)
- 2 cups pitted mixed olives (rinsed in warm water (black kalamata, green, nicoise))
- 1/4 cup marinated sun-dried tomatoes (drained)
- 1 Tablespoon capers (rinsed)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 anchovy fillet
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley leaves chopped
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In food processor or blender, combine all ingredients except olive oil. Pulse a few times until coarsely chopped.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil while processing until it reaches your desired texture.
- Serve at room temperature.