This Garlic Butter Steak Bites appetizer is perfect to serve at your next party or serve them up for dinner with a couple sides like mashed potatoes or air fryer baked potatoes. The best part? They’ll be on your table in under 15 minutes!
These steak bites are quickly going to become one of your favorite recipes. Why?
- They’re buttery.
- They’re garlicky.
- They cook in just 15 minutes.
- They’re amazing.
🛒 Ingredients needed
You only need 5 ingredients to make these delicious, tender bites:
- Olive Oil
🥩 Best steak for steak bites
I like to use top sirloin (sirloin steak) in this recipe since it cooks up tender, is widely available and is affordable. You could also use tenderloin, rib eye, or New York strip steak.
📋 How to make them
- Get your pan super hot. I like to use a cast iron skillet for this. Add olive oil and heat over high heat until a drop of water into the skillet sizzles immediately.
- Don’t crowd your skillet. I like to use my largest skillet for this recipe. If you find that you cannot fit all the steak cubes in the skillet without them touching each other, you should cook them in batches. If the bites are too close together, they will steam rather than sear and get that golden crust that we really want here.
- Add butter and garlic. Once the steak is cooked, turn the heat down to medium-low (so the garlic won’t burn) and add the butter and garlic. Stir to coat the steak bites in the garlic butter sauce and serve with a sprinkling of parsley and the creamy mustard sauce.
🥣 Steak bites sauce
This yummy steak bites sauce takes just four ingredients:
- Sour Cream
- Hot Sauce
But, if you want to make things even easier, you could just mix up the mustard with a bit of sour cream (or mayonnaise) and season it with salt and pepper.
✔️ More steak bites sauces
🍽 What to serve with them
- Mashed Potatoes with Sour Cream
- Mashed Cauliflower
- Sous Vide Asparagus
- Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
- Buttered Noodles
- Bread (to soak up that yummy sauce)
- Instant Pot Rice
- Instant Pot Quinoa
- Chilled Cucumber Soup
- More → 37+ Sides for Steak Bites
🍷 Wine pairings
- A big, bold hearty red wine makes a great match for these bites – Try a Cabernet, Syrah or Zinfandel.
🍴 More appetizer recipes
- Sausage Bites in White Wine with Creamy Mustard Dipping Sauce
- Baked Goat Cheese Appetizer
- Prosciutto Wrapped Avocado Bites
- Creme Fraiche Salmon Dip
- Prosciutto, Brie & Honey Crostini
Did you try these garlic butter steak bites?
If you loved these garlic butter steak bites I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
For more great Platings and Pairings recipes, be sure to follow me on Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest and Facebook.
🌟 More steak recipes
- Skillet Steak with Spring Vegetables and Mint Mustard Sauce
- Traditional Beef Stroganoff
- Korean Tacos with Bulgogi Beef
- Thai Beef Salad
- Sous Vide Filet Mignon
Garlic Butter Steak Bites Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 lbs. steak (cut into 1-inch cubes (sirloin, tenderloin, rib eye, or strip steak))
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley (minced)
Mustard Dipping Sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup Maille Old Style Mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 clove garlic (finely grated)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Prepare the creamy mustard dipping sauce. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Add olive oil to large skillet over high heat. Once hot, add steak and season well with salt and pepper.
- Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. If your skillet is not large enough, do this in batches, you don’t want to crowd the skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the butter and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes longer, stirring to coat the steak bites in the garlic-butter sauce.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with creamy mustard dipping sauce.
Watch the web story here.
8 thoughts on “Garlic Butter Steak Bites Recipe”
thank you for this recipe, love garlic and butter with these and also the dipping sauces, much better than the dry-out restaurant versions of these that I’ve had
Can I mix sauce with meat?
You can do that if you want!
I am buying the ingredients now to take these as an appetizer for Thanksgiving. Everyone will love them!!
Thank you, Erin.
This dipping sauce sounds DREAMY. I can see myself coming up with all sorts of different foods to dip in it!
The sauce was super delicious! It would be great on so many foods!