This Garlic Butter Steak Bites appetizer is perfect to serve at your next party or serve them up for dinner with a couple sides like mashed potatoes or air fryer baked potatoes. The best part? They’ll be on your table in under 15 minutes!
These steak bites are quickly going to become one of your favorite recipes. Why?
- They’re buttery.
- They’re garlicky.
- They cook in just 15 minutes.
- They’re amazing.
Steak bites ingredients:
You only need 5 ingredients to make these delicious, tender bites:
- Olive Oil
Best steak for steak bites:
- I like to use top sirloin in this recipe since it cooks up tender, is widely available and is affordable. You could also use tenderloin, rib eye, or strip steak.
How to make steak bites:
- Get your skillet super hot. Add olive oil and heat over high heat until a drop of water into the skillet sizzles immediately.
- Don’t crowd your skillet. I like to use my largest skillet for this recipe. If you find that you cannot fit all the steak bites in the skillet without them touching each other, you should cook them in batches. If the bites are too close together, they will steam rather than get that golden crust that we really want here.
- Add butter and garlic. Once the steak is cooked, turn the heat down to medium-low (so the garlic won’t burn) and add the butter and garlic. Stir to coat the steak bites in the butter sauce and serve with a sprinkling of parsley and the creamy mustard sauce.
Steak bites sauce:
This yummy steak bites sauce takes just four ingredients:
- Sour Cream
- Hot Sauce
But, if you want to make things even easier, you could just mix up the mustard with a bit of sour cream (or mayonnaise) and season it with salt and pepper.
What to serve with steak bites:
- Mashed Potatoes with Sour Cream
- Mashed Cauliflower
- Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
- Buttered Noodles
- Bread (to soak up that yummy sauce)
- Instant Pot Rice
- Instant Pot Quinoa
- Chilled Cucumber Soup
Wine pairings for steak:
- A big, bold hearty red wine makes a great match for these bites – Try a Cabernet, Syrah or Zinfandel.
- Sausage Bites in White Wine with Creamy Mustard Dipping Sauce
- Baked Goat Cheese Appetizer
- Prosciutto Wrapped Avocado Bites
- Creme Fraiche Salmon Dip
- Prosciutto, Brie & Honey Crostini
If you loved this recipe I would appreciate it so much if you would give it a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
More steak recipes:
- Skillet Steak with Spring Vegetables and Mint Mustard Sauce
- Traditional Beef Stroganoff
- Korean Tacos with Bulgogi Beef
- Thai Beef Salad
- Sous Vide Filet Mignon
Steak Bites with Garlic Butter & Creamy Mustard Dipping Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 lbs. steak (cut into 1-inch cubes (sirloin, tenderloin, rib eye, or strip steak))
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley (minced)
Mustard Dipping Sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup Maille Old Style Mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 clove garlic (finely grated)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Prepare the creamy mustard dipping sauce. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Add olive oil to large skillet over high heat. Once hot, add steak and season well with salt and pepper.
- Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. If your skillet is not large enough, do this in batches, you don’t want to crowd the skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the butter and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes longer, stirring to coat the steak bites in the garlic-butter sauce.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with creamy mustard dipping sauce.