Do you love steak, but feel like you’ve exhausted all the traditional sauces? Steak can be boring without unique dipping sauces to bring the flavor up a notch! Whether you are looking for a tasty sauce to recreate a classic steakhouse experience, or to add a unique touch to your ordinary steak night, this is the post for you. Get ready to delight your taste buds with these drool-worthy dipping sauces for steak!
The BEST Dipping Sauces for Steak
From steak bites, to a tender beef tenderloin, any steak can be elevated with a special sauce.
These are some of my favorite dipping sauces for steak:
- Chimichurri Sauce – The bold flavors in this sauce are the perfect match for a grilled, hearty steak.
- Bearnaise Sauce – A classic steak sauce with a good tang, creamy texture and fresh herbs.
- Creamy Horseradish Sauce – The perfect sauce for dipping some filet mignon bites.
- Steak Diane – Made with dijon, heavy cream and cognac. It’s such a delicious dipping sauce for steak night!
- Bordelaise Sauce – Take your steak the next level with this flavorful sauce that’s similar to a red wine reduction.
Pick one of your favorites from the list below, add a couple sides for steak bites, and you’re guaranteed an amazing dinner!
Don’t forget about the best wine with steak options too.
The BEST Steak Dipping Sauces
More sauce recipes:
- Sauces for Salmon
- Sauces for Steak
- Sauces for Pulled Pork
- Sauces for Pork Chops
- Sauces for Sushi
- Sauces for Tacos
Did you Make Any of These Steak Dipping Sauces?
Please leave a comment and rating below, if you loved this round up of dipping sauces for steak. Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
HUNGRY FOR MORE? For more great Platings & Pairings recipes, be sure to follow me on Pinterest, TikTok, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
What to serve with steak bites
- Baked Potatoes in the Instant Pot
- Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic
- Glazed Carrots
- Roasted Miso Cauliflower
- Easy Arugula Salad
- MORE —> 37+ of the best sides for steak bites
Also, be sure to check out the best wine pairings for steak.
15+ BEST Dipping Sauces for Steak
- 2 tbsp minced shallot (1 small shallot)
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped tarragon leaves (plus 1 teaspoon)
- 2 egg yolks
- 12 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- In a small skillet, add the shallots, vinegar, pepper and 1 TBSP tarragon leaves and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until almost all of the liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat and place in a metal mixing bowl. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, fill a small saucepan with an inch or two of water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- To the cooled shallot mixture, add the egg yolks and 1 TBSP water. Whisk to combine.
- Place the metal bowl over the saucepan of boiling water and turn the heat down to low. Keep an eye to be sure the bowl isn’t touching the boiling water.
- Whisk the egg-shallot mixture until it begins to thicken, about 5-6 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in the butter, a splash at a time. Continue whisking until the sauce has emulsified.
- Remove from the heat and add the lemon juice and remaining 1 tsp. tarragon leaves. Season with salt, to taste. Serve.