These Brie Crostini with Prosciutto & Honey make the perfect party appetizer that can be assembled in just 5 minutes. Top homemade crostini with prosciutto, brie, basil and a drizzle of honey.
The other day, I felt like pressing the “easy button” for dinner. So I went to the store and grabbed us some sandwiches. Of course, not just any sandwiches would do… I went to the fancy grocery store. The one where I once purchased celery root for this Apple & Celery Root Slaw and it cost me $60…
Anyway, the fancy grocery store had these fancy sandwiches that just blew my mind. They were simple: A bit of brie, some prosciutto and basil.
But, that first bite? It was amazing!
A perfect creamy, salty, savory combination with a hint of something extra. What was that magical ingredient? Honey. Somehow, the honey just tied everything together so perfectly.
That sandwich is what inspired this recipe. Why not make it in a smaller form, that’s perfect for serving as an elegant appetizer?
Brie crostini appetizer
These have become my go-to party appetizer, not only because they pair with a wide variety of wines, but also because they’re easy to prepare and extremely elegant. You can even assemble them well ahead of time, which is always a plus in my book.
Brie crostini ingredients:
You only need five ingredients to make these crostini and they can be assembled in 10 minutes.
Here’s how to make simple crostini at home.
More crostini recipes:
Wine pairings for brie:
- Chardonnay makes a great white wine option to pair with these crostini.
- Cabernet Sauvignon and Sangiovese are red wines that pair nicely with the brie cheese on these crostini.
More easy appetizer recipes:
- Prosciutto Wrapped Avocado Bites
- Prosciutto Wrapped Grana Padano
- Baked Brie in Puff Pastry
- Pasta Chips
- Pan Con Tomate Recipe (Pa Amb Tomàquet)
- Crostini Lasagna Appetizer Recipe
- Baked Goat Cheese Appetizer
- Steak Bites with Garlic Butter & Mustard Dipping Sauce
- MORE → 20+ Prosciutto Appetizers
Brie Crostini Recipe
Prosciutto, Brie & Honey Crostini
- 1/2 small baguette (cut diagonally into 12 1/2-inch-thick slices, about 8 ounces)
- 2 Tablespooons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 ounces very thinly sliced prosciutto
- 4 ounces Brie cheese (cut into 12 slices)
- 12 leaves fresh basil
- 2 Tablespooons honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly brush both sides of each bread slice with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet. Toast in oven until pale golden, 5-6 minutes per side. Transfer sheet to a wire rack; let crostini cool completely.
- Divide basil leaves, brie and folded slices of prosciutto among crostini. Drizzle with honey. Season with pepper.
14 thoughts on “Brie Crostini with Prosciutto & Honey + VIDEO”
What a perfect recipe for wine tasting! I snacks that are easy to eat one-handed so I don’t have to put down my wine glass. HA!
Great point Catherine – Love it!
These seem perfect for an appetizer or to take wrapped up in a backpack for a day out – so packed with flavor so even though they are small they are very satisfying!
Congrats on your new house Erin! These crostini look amazing! I love the combination of brie and honey. Yum!
Thank you Lucy – We are so excited to finally be getting settled in!
Oh yum…I love this combo! I love crostini bites that give you a little bit of meat, cheese, and herb/veggies all in one.
We can consider a well-balanced crostini Marlynn 🙂
Oh Erin! Those look delicious! Pinning it.
prosciutto, brie and honey – what a perfect flavour combination! Xx
Thanks Thalia – Those flavors all work really well with the fresh basil too. A great summer treat!
You mentioned you could assemble in advance. Do you place in the refrigerator than pull out an hour or so before serving?
Yep – That’s what I would do Annette!