This Cranberry Aperol Spritz is perfect for fall or winter. With a hint of cranberries, bubbly prosecco and the delicious flavor of aperol, now spritzes aren’t just for the summer. They’re perfect for the holidays too!
While I love a classic Aperol Spritz for sipping on in the summer, once fall hits, I feel the need to switch up my cocktail game with more seasonal ingredients like maple, apple, cranberry, and pear. That’s when I’ll normally start mixing up these Cranberry Maple Bourbon Smash cocktails or this Hot Mulled Cider.
So, I thought, why not create an aperol spritz cocktail for the winter?
It’s got all the standard spritz ingredients – aperol, prosecco, and soda water, but it’s all dressed up with a yummy cranberry simple syrup.
You can serve your cocktails up in wine glasses or rocks glasses, but be sure to garnish with rosemary sprigs and cranberries for an extra festive pop.
What is aperol?
- Bright orange in color, aperol has notes of both bitter and sweet oranges and many other herbs, including rhubarb. Aperol is light and refreshing, and low in alcohol (11%).
Winter aperol spritz ingredients:
You only need four ingredients to make this aperol spritz:
- Prosecco – No need for expensive French Champagne here! Go for Prosecco, an Italian sparking wine that’s light, bubbly and festive!
- Aperol – Find it in the liquor store.
- Soda water.
- Cranberry simple syrup.
To make it, bring 2 cups cranberries, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for a few minutes until the sugar dissolves. Then just cover the pot and let it rest for 15 minutes to allow the cranberries to steep and release all their yummy flavor.
How to make a cranberry aperol spritz:
- Fill a glass with ice, add the aperol, cranberry simple syrup, prosecco and top off with the soda water. Garnish with a rosemary sprig and cranberries, if desired.
If you loved this Winter Aperol Spritz recipe I would appreciate it so much if you would give it a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Aperol cocktail recipes:
Winter cocktail recipes:
- Hot Toddy Recipe
- How to Make Eggnog
- Hot Mulled Cider Recipe
- Cranberry Maple Bourbon Smash Cocktail
- White Christmas Margarita
Sparkling cocktail recipes:
- French 75 Champagne Cocktail
- Cranberry Ginger Bellini
- Sparkling Ginger Pear Cocktails
- Blackberry Bellini with Fresh Ginger
Cranberry Simple Syrup:
- 2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
Cranberry Aperol Spritz:
- 3 ounces Prosecco (or any sparkling wine)
- 1 ounce Aperol
- 1 ounce cranberry simple syrup
- Splash of soda water
- Rosemary Sprigs
- In a small saucepan stir together cranberries, water, and sugar. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and let mixture simmer until sugar completely dissolves. Take care because cranberries will pop. Remove from heat, cover, and let steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain cranberries from syrup mixture and let cool completely.
- Pour the sparkling wine into a glass of ice cubes. Add the Aperol, cranberry simple syrup and a splash of sparkling water. Garnish with cranberries and rosemary sprigs. Enjoy!