This Whipped Feta recipe is seriously addicting! Whipped together with oil, garlic, lemon juice, and cream, feta cheese transforms into a light and airy Mediterranean dip. Serve it at parties, celebrations, or enjoy it all for yourself!
If you haven’t been lucky enough to try Whipped Feta yet, you’re in for a real treat! Feta cheese is whipped together with 4 simple ingredients to create an impossibly light, creamy, and airy dip or spread. It’s cheesy, bright, savory, and full of fresh Mediterranean flavors!
I’m always whipping up Mediterranean dips and snacks for parties because they’re just so flavorful, fresh, and easy to put together. Just like my Harissa Hummus and Chickpea Tuna Salad, this whipped feta dip checks all of the Mediterranean boxes; it takes 5 minutes to blend, is luscious and creamy, and uses simple ingredients to impart BIG flavor.
I mean, who can resist a creamy, savory dip made out of cheese? It’s best enjoyed with veggies, pita, naan, or crackers for dipping, but is equally delicious spread onto bread or crostinis. By the time you reach the end, you’ll be wishing you’d made a double or even triple batch of this seriously addictively snack!
What is whipped feta?
Creamy whipped feta is a Mediterranean-inspired dip or spread made primarily from feta cheese. This salty cheese is typically made from goat’s or sheep’s milk and comes in a naturally crumbly, slightly soft texture. To make whipped feta dip, the cheese is whipped together with olive oil, cream, and seasonings to incorporate lots of air and flavor, leaving you with an irresistibly light and creamy snack.
What do you need to make whipped feta?
All you need are 5 ingredients to put this easy whipped feta recipe together:
- Feta cheese
- Olive oil
- Fresh garlic
- Lemon juice
- Heavy cream
You can make it as flavorful as possible by using only the freshest, high quality ingredients. Take the extra time to chop up some fresh garlic and squeeze your own lemon juice – it’s worth it!
How to make whipped feta dip
Add the feta cheese, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and heavy cream to a blender or food processor. Blend until it’s creamy, smooth, and airy. If your dip turns out to be thicker than you’d like, add a little more olive oil or heavy cream to thin it out.
Serve the finished and ultra-smooth whipped feta on a shallow serving dish. Add all of the toppings you like, then serve!
Add extra flavor with lots of toppings:
The right toppings on this creamy dip can enhance not only its flavor but also the presentation. Since it’s a Mediterranean dish, try to use fresh ingredients or toppings specific to the region:
- Keep it simple with olive oil, Za’atar, and kalamata olives on top.
- Roasted chickpeas, red onion, tomatoes, pepitas, and cucumber will add plenty of freshness and crunch.
- You could even add more cheese on top, like ricotta, shredded mozzarella, or shaved parmesan, for extra cheesy goodness.
- Craving a sweet dip instead? Top it with pomegranate seeds, chopped apples, or blackberries.
How long does whipped feta last?
You can store the leftover whipped feta in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. When you’re ready to enjoy this cheesy dip, simply pull it out of the fridge and get snacking – no heating or stirring required!
- Serve it next to a platter of carrots, cucumbers, bell peppers, radish slices, celery, and broccoli florets, homemade naan bread, pita chips, and pretzels for dipping.
- Use it to make sweet or savory crostini appetizers. Top the cheesy spread with roasted tomatoes, sliced steak, or a drizzle of honey and sliced fruit or berries.
- Spread the leftovers on your morning toast and top with sliced tomatoes and herbs.
If you loved this whipped feta recipe I would appreciate it so much if you would give it a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
More creamy dip recipes:
- Tahini Yogurt Sauce
- Salmon Dip with Creme Fraiche
- Corn Queso
- Beef Enchilada Dip
- Grilled Eggplant Dip (Baba Ganoush)
- Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream (plus more if needed)
- Olive oil
- Kalamata olives
- In a food processor or blender, add all of the ingredients and blend until smooth and airy.
- If you find the mixture too thick, add a bit more heavy cream.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, zatar and kalamata olives, if desired.