This Strawberry White Wine Cocktail recipe combines sauvignon blanc, vodka, fresh strawberries, and a splash of soda water for a thirst quenching cocktail that’s perfect for summer!
Say hello to summer in a glass. Fresh strawberries, a squeeze of lemon, a teensy bit of vodka for extra fun, and a splash of soda water for some fizz come together to create this refreshing Strawberry White Wine Cocktail Spritzer. Similar to the classic recipe, but more grown up!
Wine cocktails are always fun to play with. My go-to choices are usually a 3-ingredient Aperol Spritz or fruity White Wine Sangria. This spritzer offers similar qualities, like a fruity citrusy flavor and a fun fizz, but is much more likely to take the edge off.
With each sip, you’ll notice how this strawberry white wine spritzer falls somewhere between an adult lemonade, a craft cocktail, and a traditional white wine spritzer. One thing is for sure: it’s the perfect cocktail for summer!
What is a white wine spritzer made of?
A classic white wine spritzer is made with white wine and soda water or club soda. The perfect garnish is usually a citrus rind or fresh fruit to help play with the floral notes of the wine.
My strawberry wine spritzer was made in the style of a craft cocktail. Muddled strawberries, agave syrup, and vodka are used to make each sip a little bit boozier while still remaining balanced and slightly sweet and floral. It’s great when you’re craving a refreshing, yet strong, summer cocktail.
- White Wine – Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris, etc. See more suggestions below.
- Vodka – You can also use a flavored vodka like strawberry vodka, vanilla vodka, etc.
- Fresh Strawberries – Or, use blueberries, raspberries or blackberries.
- Agave Nectar – Or, swap it out for some simple syrup.
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Soda Water
How to make a strawberry white wine cocktail
Add the strawberries, lemon juice, and agave to the bottom of a mixing glass or cocktail shaker. Muddle, then add the white wine and vodka. Shake well with ice.
Strain the cocktail into a wine glass and top with soda water. Garnish with a strawberry and lemon rind, and enjoy!
The best wine to use
Some of the best wines for spritzers are those with fruity flavors, aromatics, and not many tannins. My choice is a Sauvignon Blanc but Riesling and Pinot Grigio are great options as well. Just make sure it’s a wine you enjoy or else your cocktail won’t be as fun to sip.
Unlike white wine sangria or punch, the features of the wine are on display in this cocktail recipe. Because of this, I recommend choosing a high quality wine instead of the low to mid-priced options. The better the quality, the better your cocktail will taste!
Tips and tricks
- Keep your white wine and soda water chilled. An ice cold spritzer is always the way to go!
- If you don’t have agave syrup, you can replace it with simple syrup or granulated sugar.
- Try not to omit the sugar in this cocktail. It’s necessary for balance!
- You can use club soda in place of the soda water. To make it sweeter, use tonic water or lemon lime soda instead.
- Feel free to leave the vodka and syrup out of the recipe to create a more traditional strawberry white wine spritzer cocktail.
- Classic: A classic white wine spritzer is made with 3 ounces of white wine and 1 ounce of soda water or club soda. Garnish with a citrus rind and feel free to add a dash or two of lemon or orange bitters.
- Red wine: Make a red wine spritzer with your favorite red wine and soda water. Throw in some fresh raspberries and a lemon wedge to help each sip taste extra refreshing. Grenache would work well here.
- Herbs: Add fresh mint, basil, or thyme for a refreshing spin on this cocktail.
- Raspberry: Replace the strawberries with fresh raspberries or any berry you love.
- Large batch: Simply double or triple the recipe and add everything but the soda water to a pitcher. Top the spritzer with soda water right before serving and enjoy!
More fizzy cocktails
More strawberry cocktails
- Strawberry Mojito
- Strawberry Moscow Mule
- White Wine Sangria with Strawberries
- More → 27+ BEST Strawberry Cocktails
More summer cocktails to sip on
Did you try this strawberry wine spritzer?
If you loved this sauvignon blanc cocktail I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Strawberry White Wine Cocktail
- In the bottom of a mixing glass, muddle the strawberries in the lemon and agave nectar. Add Sauvignon Blanc and vodka and shake well with ice. Strain over ice into a wine glass and top with soda water.
This strawberry white wine spritzer recipe was originally published in 2017. It was updated in 2021 to add new photographs and again in 2023 to add new content. The original wine cocktail recipe remains the same. Enjoy!
Check out the web story here.